2 day tour & overnight stay in the Empty Quarter Al Khali Desert
Souly lodge Empty Quarter is the 1st luxurious campsite in the middle of the empty quarter desert, offering an open-air
Sulphur Water Swimming Pool.
Our passion and dedication to our clients are unmatched. You will notice it in the manner in which we conduct our tours. Our impeccable track record has been noticed by our clients and lauded by numerous books and publications of note.
Our guides and drivers are highly qualified in navigating the desert, trained in first aid and are multilingual. In addition, with our substantial knowledge in history, geology, and astronomy you will feel safe, secure, and learn an endless amount of information.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
Day 1: Al Hashman Empty Quarter
Stop At: Thumrait, Oman
Drive through for the first stage of 75 km on asphalt road to Thumrait, which was famous as a Bedouin
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Ubar, Oman
After a short break, we drive further to the daunting desert sands 90 km arriving at the 'Lost City of Ubar'
(UNESCO World heritage site), This legendary ancient kingdom, known as Ubar, was said to have existed
in one of the most inhospitable places on earth - a vast and forbidding Rub Al Khali desert, appropriately
known as the Empty Quarter. According to myth, the desert swallowed up Ubar
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Empty Quarter, Oman
We proceed west on graded road crossing the huge gravel desert of the Empty Quarter, arriving the sand desert of Al Hashman, where the sand dunes emerge more picturesque and more spectacular, our an experienced driver will drive up the hills in the most thrilling and exciting manner of Dune Bashing.
Healthy bathing in Open Air Sulphur Water Swimming Pool.
We settle at Al Hashman for an overnight stay and dinner around the campfire.
Duration: 17 hours
• Dinner: We settle at Al Hashman for an overnight stay and dinner around a campfire.
Accommodation included: Overnight stay Al Hashman Empty quarter at luxurious tents.
Day 2: Wadi Doka & Frankincense Trees
Stop At: The Frankincense Trail, Salalah Oman
We get ready to departure camp area at 8:30 am.
On the drive back, you get to enjoy seeing Black Camels for a stop on the way back.
On our return to Salalah, we drive into Wadi Dawka (UNESCO World heritage site) known as the Frankincense Wadi and is a natural park of famous Frankincense trees which is also well-known as the biggest collection of the naturally grown Frankincense trees in the region.
Duration: 5 hours
• Breakfast: We have breakfast and get ready for the departure camp area at 8:30 am.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :1: Unnamed Road, Oman
2: Souly Eco Lodge, SULTAN QABOOS STREET, HAWANA SALALAH Salalah، Dhofar 213, Oman
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Salalah Airport, Salalah Oman
- Salalah Airport, Ar Rubat St, Salalah, Oman
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 2/12/2020 - 12/29/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.