2-Day Trek to Rainbow Mountain from Cusco with Exclusive Mountain Camps
*Small Group Experience* (max 8 trekkers) This 2-day trek will take you and a small-group to Rainbow Mountain Peru, also known as Vinicunca, which is a undiscovered land full of wildly desert landscapes, snow capped glaciated peaks, herds of alpaca, and pristine beauty. Enjoy freshly prepared meals by our chef on the trail, and views that you can't get anywhere else. Our special route will take you front and center of the massive Ausangate glacier with pristine lakes below. This is a must do!
The mountains of Peru will leave you with an unforgettable experience, as you are lead into the Peruvian Andes by your local guide. During this trip you will enjoy an amazing night amongst some of the brightest stars you will ever see and a milky way so colorful it will leave you stunned. Our new route which includes a part of the Ausangate Circuit will truly take you off the beaten track; an adventure that will take your breath away constantly.
Order of tours can vary based on availability
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Private transportation to and from your hotel in Cusco
- All meals/drinks prepared by private cook (All food on the trek, which incorporates traditional Peruvian cuisine as well as modern fusion cuisine -we can accommodate specific dietary needs)
- Boiled water and snacks
- Fluent English/ Spanish speaking FlashpackerConnect guide
- All gear and camping supplies
- Duffel bags for your personal belongings
- Large Dining tent, table, stools, all cutlery, and kitchen tent
- Portable toilet
- Horseman/Pack horses to carry all of the gear and personal belongings (up to 6kg per person)
- First Aid kit including oxygen tank
- Sleeping pad and bag
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Dinner on the last day
- Horseback riding available upon request, at an additional cost
Day 1: Cusco - Qesuno - Anata
Stop At: Ausangate, Calle los Olivos - Santa Rora - Cusco, Cusco 08002 Peru
Distance: 14km/ 8.7 miles
Hiking time: 5-6 hours
On the first day of your Rainbow mountain adventure we will pick you up at your hotel at 4:00am and drive 3 hours to the trailhead. While packing up our gear our chef will be preparing a hot breakfast to get you fueled up for the hike ahead of you. Our guides will go over the itinerary for the day and safety tips to ensure you are fully prepared for the next two days. The trek begins in a large green valley.
You will see hundreds of alpacas, local farmers, and the beautiful Ausangate mountain looming in the distance- this is only a teaser for what is to come on your journey. As you continue making your way on the trail you will begin to conquer the first pass of the trek- Puccacocha pass. At around 16,000 feet, the pass sits just above Puccacocha lake, and the massive Ausangate mountain is directly in front of you, while a beautiful active glacier crashes into the lake below.
After a successful climb we will stop around noon for lunch and to recharge your body for the remainder of the hike. Our destination for the night is Anata, where we will enjoy a beautiful evening surrounded by jaw dropping landscape in the still of the Andes. As the sun sets we set up the dining tent with chairs for your group to relax and enjoy conversation while dinner is being prepared. This night you will see an unforgettable night sky full of constellations, shooting stars, and keep yourself warm with a tea.
Duration: 6 hours
Accommodation included: Camping
Day 2: Anata - Rainbow Mountain - Cusco
Stop At: Montana de Siete Colores, Cusco 084 Peru
Distance: 18km/ 11 miles
Hiking time: 6-7 hours
Today is what you've been waiting for. Your chance to see the beautiful Rainbow Mountain; and the best part, you're almost there. We'll wake you up bright and early (time dependent on weather- usually between 4am and 5am) with a tea delivered to your tent, and serve you a hearty breakfast to fuel you up for your final climb to Vinicunca (Rainbow Mountain). Upon arrival you can take all the time you want soaking in the amazing 360 degree vistas of the surrounding lands and explore the mountain itself. Take some time to yourself and really enjoy the beauty of nature around you- it truly is a magical place. The hike down will only take about three hours and here we will celebrate a successful journey, and enjoy lunch before departing back to Cusco (3 hours).
Arrival time back in Cusco will depend on how long you want to spend on Rainbow Mountain, but we typically get back around 5pm -6pm and drop you off at your hotel.
Note: This itinerary is subject to change without prior notice according to weather conditions, strikes, roadblocks, or other events which are beyond our control. We will always do our best to follow the itinerary as closely as possible.
Pick up is between 4am and 4:30am, please be waiting in your hotel lobby.
Duration: 7 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :4:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.