2 Days Akagera National Park Wildlife Safari
Akagera national park is located in Eastern Rwanda on the border with Tanzania. African parks is currently managing this park and has done a great job with the conservation. In the past there were lots of conflict between people and the park but this was solved by fencing off part of the park and the introduction of community tours where visitors are encouraged to visit the communities and benefit accordingly. Akagera national park is a the only Savannah park in Rwanda and is home to several mammal species including Lions, Elephants, Giraffes, Hippos, Kobs, Zebras, Bushbucks, Waterbucks and most recently Black Rhinos have been introduces from South Africa, making Akagera national park officially a big 5 park like it was many years ago. It is also home to numerous bird species in the several habitats which include woodland, swamps, lakes and Savannah.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- National Park fees and Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Boat fees
- International flights and Personal Insurance
Day 1: : Transfer to Akagera national park from Kigali
Stop At: Kigali Province, Kigali Province
Today morning we leave for Akagera national park right after your breakfast, the driver guide will pick you up from your hotel where he will drop you at the end of the trip or to the airport depending on where you prefer.
The journey to Akagera national park takes about 2.5 hours depending on the stopovers along the way. With the beautiful landscaper en route to the park, feel free to ask the guide for stopovers to capture some photos. On arrival at the park, we shall proceed to our accommodation after a short game drive and check in. We order lunch and later take a boat trip on Lake Ihema watch Hippos and crocodiles in the water or by the shores.
Journey time – 2,5 hours
Duration: 15 minutes
Accommodation included: Akagera game lodge
Day 2: Game drive in Akagera national park
Stop At: Akagera National Park, Akagera National Park, Eastern Province
We arise early and leave right after breakfast for a game drive in Akagera national park. We will be searching for the big mammals like Elephants, Giraffes, Buffaloes, several Antelope species, and recently the re-introduced Lions and Rhinos. The park is a varied habitat for wildlife and a birders haven with over 500 bird species in the park.
You will leave the lodge with parked lunch for the game drive which will last about 6 hours depending on your interests before starting the journey back to Kigali. You will take the route along the lake which more often has a variety of animals.
Duration: 12 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.