2-Days Balthali Village Hike with Namobuddha and Panauti Trip from Kathmandu
Spend two days exploring Namobuddha, Panauti and Overnight at Balthali village from Kathmandu. Situated at the junction of the Roshi River and the Ladhku River, Balthali is the ideal place to relax and enjoy some hiking amid rice terraces and thatched farmhouses. Don't miss the unique opportunity to see the sun rise over the Himalayan ranges of Manasalu.
Namo Buddha is a small village with houses very old. Thrangu Tashi Yangtse Monastery which is one of the most important Buddhist pilgrimage sites in Nepal and one of the holiest in the world. It is known as the place where the Buddha, in a previous life as a prince, gave his body to a starving tigress and her cubs.
Panauti is a historical Newari town which is one of the oldest towns in Nepal, with many temples dating back to the 15th Century or earlier. Panauti proves to be a touristy heritage site with so many temples, Buddhist stupas and statues, with the added charm of being surrounded by lots and lots of green paddy fields.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Private transport
- Professional guide
- Overnight accommodation
- Accommodation in twin/double sharing basis. For solo traveler we provide single room.
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Day 1: Pick up from Hotel and drive to Namobuddha, sightseeing then hike to Balthali
Stop At: Namobuddha, Namobuddha, Bagmati Zone, Central Region
Begin this tour with a convenient pick up from your hotel in Kathmandu at 8 am for the short 1.5 hour drive to Namobuddha. Enjoy some sightseeing at Namobuddha.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Balthali, Balthali, Bagmati Zone, Central Region
Walk 3.5 hours to Balthali, a small village nestled into the Nepali countryside with terraced rice fields and thatched farmhouses. Your hosts at the resort will welcome you with drinks and light snacks, after which you have some free time to explore. In the evening, join fellow guests around a campfire and sample some snacks and wine made by local villagers. Then enjoy a traditional Nepali dinner of dhindo, or rice with chicken from the village.
Duration: 4 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight at Resort.
Day 2: Hike down to Panauti, then drive back to Kathmandu
Stop At: Panauti, Panauti, Bagmati Zone, Central Region
After breakfast with this mesmerizing view, start the trek to Panauti. Most of this trail is along a dirt road, passing beautiful small villages, terraced fields and amazing views. Explore Newar town of Panauti, enjoy your lunch somewhere in between. Then drive back to Kathmandu.
Duration: 5 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Points of interest
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all the travelers
- Please advise if any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- We offer pick and drop off service from Hotels inside Kathmandu city ring road. For hotels outside ring road you need to pay additional charge.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.