2 Days Chempanzee Trekking With Lake Kivu Tour
Nyungwe National Park, located in Rwanda’s southwest corner, is one of the world’s most majestic rainforests. Covering approximately 1000 square kilometres and home to thirteen primate and 300 bird species, Nyungwe is a naturalist’s dream and you will be rewarded by Lake Kivu provides the ideal place to rest and unwind. Here, fisherman ply the water in traditional dugout canoes while the many birds gather into flocks on the lake. Being part of Africa’s Great Lakes, Lake Kivu is a beautiful inland sea with deep blue waters, surrounded by green terraced hills and mountains, and is therefore a perfect location to relax and enjoy Rwanda’s beautiful coastline.
per adult from
What's included :
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Overnight accommodation
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- National Park fees
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Boat fees
- Day 1: Transfer to Nyungwe National Park for Colombus trekking and canopy Walk
In morning at about 5.00 am depending on location of your Hotel, your driver guide will pick you up and transfer you to the Nyungwe National Park and after check in you will go for the briefing point at the Uwinka visitors center in Nyungwe forest before you can start your trekking. After receiving a briefing and depending on the number of people present for the chimp trek you will be divided into two groups. One will track starting at the Uwinka center and another starting at Cyamudongo – which will require your driver guide to transfer you to the starting point. You are allowed to stay with the chimps for only 1 hour after locating them, photography is allowed but be reminded that the flash is prohibited. After that Will do a canopy walk and later will be transferred to your accommodation near park for dinner and over night stay.
Meal plan – Lunch and Dinner
Day 2: transfer to lake Kivu for Islands visit
In morning with your car or taken by a driver, you will leave the park very early head to kibuye for islands visit . so expect to see the following:
*Visit Ndaba Rock, learn the history behind this rock. Children earn living to narrating the story of this legendary rock.
*Have your Lunch at hotels on shores of Lake Kivu while observing the calm sea-like water.
*Take boat rides visiting Amahoro (peace in English). Amahoro Island has a small restaurant, campsite and you can swim or play volleyball. The next ride will take you to Napoleon Islands. The island features a brigade of fruits bats.
After returning to Kibuye, take some rest on lake shore waiting for dinner and overnight stay at your accommodation
Meal Plan: Lunch & Diner
Accommodation: MORIAH Hill Resort
Departure Point :At Airport or Your designated Location
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.