2-days Lalibela Churches & Yemrehanna Kristos
Discover About the Hidden Beauties of the Country.
Best way to Discover the country's historical heritage, Culture, Ancient History, Beliefs, Daily routine of the local community and Zagwe Dynasty.
Discover the hidden beauties Yemrehanna Kristos church ancient Architecture which is the only historical evidence between the Axumite Kingdom and Zagwe Dynasty of Ethiopian history.
per adult from
What's included :
- 2x Lunch
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Packed Water
- Airport pickup and Drop off.
- Entry/Admission - Rock-Hewn Churches of Lalibela
- Entry/Admission - Yemrehana Krestos Church
What's excluded :
- Accommodation is not Included
- All Alcoholic Drinks
- Personal Souvenirs
- Personal Tips
Day 1: UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE CHURCHES OF LALIBELA
Stop At: Rock-Hewn Churches of Lalibela, Lalibela 1260 Ethiopia
King Lalibela is said to have seen Jerusalem and then attempted to build a New Jerusalem as his Capital in response to the capture of old Jerusalem by Muslims in 1187. As such, many features have Biblical names – even the town's river is known as the River Jordan. It remained the capital of Ethiopia from the late 12th century and into the 13th century.
After arrival at Lalibela Airport, transfer to your reserved Hotel and check-in will be done.
After having Lunch, in the afternoon, You will start visiting the most famous of all of the Ethiopian historical sites. This tour includes a visit the rock-hewn churches of Lalibela, the Northwestern Cluster of churches - Bet Medhane Alem, Bet Maryam, Bet Meskel, Bet Danagel, Bet Mikael & Bet Golgotha (entry not permitted for women.
Duration: 8 hours
• Lunch: Lunch will be at the first Hotel in Lalibela, Seven Olive Hotel.
No accommodation included on this day.
Day 2: YEMREHANNA KRISTOS CHURCH
Stop At: Yemrehana Krestos Church, Lalibela Ethiopia
Early in the Morning after attending a mass service in one of the churches of Lalibela. After having breakfast, About a 90-minute drive from the town of Lalibela and driving through totally magnificent scenery one finds a church that is built inside a cave. Yemrehanna Kristos dates back to 1100 to 1200 AD period in Ethiopia's history; the church predates about 80 years even the rock hewn churches of Lalibela itself.
The steep walk up to Yemrehanna Kristos and the cave is quite rough on the old lungs because of the altitude, but stopping to get your breath back every few minutes or so and one is rewarded with a rather interesting find.
Inside the cave, a beautiful church presents itself, built the traditional way (not like the churches of Lalibela) this church is laid out on a foundation of Africa Olive Wood. While the main structure is a combination of wooden and granite struts. Once inside the church, it is the wooden ceiling that is spellbinding - the attention to detail is extraordinary.
The strangest part of the cave is the area where there are 3000's of mummified human bodies just lying behind a fence who come from Syria and Egypt to visit and rest in peace at the church.
The small village where we will park our vehicle is a great spot to buy a cool drink, coffee or water!
Drive back to Lalibela and in the afternoon... you will start visiting the Southeastern Cluster of churches – Bet Gabriel-Rufael, Bet Merkorios, Bet Amanuel, and Bet Abba Libanos. Finally, you will visit the most famous of all the churches – Bet Giyorgis, constructed in honor of the patron saint of Ethiopia – Saint George.
Duration: 10 hours
• Lunch: Lunch will be at Ben Abeba Restaurant.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will also pick up our customers from Lalibela Airport.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.