2-Days Otavalo Highlights
Explore one of the most popular tourist destinations of Ecuador, and learn from the most representative indigenous ethnic group at the north of the country! Enjoy an unknown archaeological site, farmlands, rose plantations, indian markets, weavers and amazing active volcanoes from the comfort of this private tour!!!
Protect your family and avoid unnecessary crowds. Discover the history and culture of Ecuador assisted by the best staff!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Private transport
- Certified English speaking guide
- 1 night accommodation
- Mentioned lodging or similar (depending on availability)
- Entry/Admission - Cochasqui Pyramids
- Entry/Admission - Volcan Cayambe
- Entry/Admission - Volcan Imbabura
- Entry/Admission - Cotacachi-Cayapas Ecological Reserve
What's excluded :
- Additional hotel nights
Day 1: The Northern Highlights.
Stop At: Ecuador Best Tours, Pasaje Duque 1590 y Jose Ignacio Gallardo. Puembo, Quito 170179 Ecuador
You start the adventure at 08h30 towards Cochasquí, one of the largest and most important archaeological sites in Ecuador.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Cochasqui Pyramids, Highway 35, Tabacundo 170450 Ecuador
The complex has fifteen pyramids and several tombs from the period 850 B.C. – 1580 A.C. Here we will have the opportunity to be surrounded by hundreds of llamas, while we learn all about the Caranquis, one of the most developed civilizations in South America!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Volcan Cayambe, Cayambe Ecuador
After the unforgettable hike along the Inca Trail, we will drive towards a local rose plantation to learn all about the process of planting, harvesting and exporting roses! We will have time for lunch in a local restaurant, and only after a 10 minute drive from there, we will stop at the Quitsato sundial, which is a large circular stone mosaic of 52 meters of diameter, located exactly in the middle of the world! Finally, we will go to Hacienda Guachalá, considered the oldest one in Ecuador, built by the Spaniards in colonial times (1580), where we stay the overnight in guest rooms with charming fireplaces!
Duration: 4 hours
Accommodation included: Hacienda Guachalá or Palmeras de Quichinche.
Day 2: An unforgettable day at the Market!
Stop At: Volcan Imbabura, Otavalo Ecuador
We leave at 08h00, towards the populated, colourful and the most famous indigenous market in South America! Before going to Otavalo, we will visit the beautiful viewpoint of Laguna San Pablo, which is at the foothills of Imbabura Volcano (4.610 m.a.s.l.).
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Otavalo Market, Plaza de los Ponchos, Otavalo 100450 Ecuador
We continue to the animal market, and then we go to "Plaza de Ponchos", a place that shows a large variety of Ecuadorian handicrafts. It is also possible to visit the rural parish of Peguche, where we can learn more about the local culture and the weaving process of carpets and tapestries.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Cotacachi-Cayapas Ecological Reserve, Esmeraldas region Ecuador
After lunch we will visit the town of Cotacachi, well-known as the “Capital of Music in Ecuador”, rich in the production of leather products, which are displayed for sale in small shops throughout the city centre. Then we will visit Cuicocha Lake, which is inside the crater of Cotacachi volcano. Once we finish this wonderful tour, we will drive you back to Quito, and we will arrive to your hotel approximately at 17h00. End of this fantastic getaway from Quito!
Duration: 4 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You will be picked up from your hotel or address, within Quito's district, at 8:00 a.m.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Our guides and drivers will follow vehicle cleaning and personal care protocols, with disinfectant products during the tour.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.