2 days overnight Bukit lawang jungle trekking
We which with local guides and local people from Bukit Lawang.Our team is made of experienced English-speaking guides who are certified by the Indonesia Tourist Guides Association (ITGA-HPI Himpunan Pramuwisata Indonesia). They strictly follow the Gunung Leuser National Park guidelines and do their best to keep the jungle clean and the wildlife safe!
We organize unique and unforgettable jungle trekking striving to respect and preserve the unique ecosystem & biodiversity of the Gunung Leuser National Park and especially protect the endangered Sumatran Orangutans.
The love of nature, respect, sustainability and we believe that we all have a role to play in the preservation of the rainforest and its wildlife but also in the support of local communities.
Choosing a trek or a tour with us is your way to act in favor of our amazing but endangered rainforest, its exceptional biodiversity and its inhabitants!
per adult from
What's included :
- Meals (day 1-lunch, dinner, fruit, day 2-breakfast, lunch, fruit)
- all equipment (tent, roll mat, sleeping bag), , and traditional tube rafting back during the trek.
- Guide fee
What's excluded :
- Entrance fee to Gunung Leuser National Park of 10 Euros/person.
At 09:00am you will start your journey into the jungle of Gunung Leuser National Park to see wild orangutans. On your trek (6-7 hours), your guide will educate you on the local wildlife, flora and fauna you may encounter in Gunung Leuser. After lunch, you will continue your trek to see other wildlife and learn about the trees/plants which can be used in traditional medicine.
Late afternoon-your guide will select a suitable spot next to the river to set-up camp. You are then free to enjoy the fresh water of the Bohorok river, swim, help prepare dinner, or even go fishing. After dinner, weather permitting, our team will prepare a bonfire and the guides will entertain you with their jungle skills, games and songs before you settle down to sleep surrounded by the sounds of the jungle and river.
Continue your jungle adventure, spotting wildlife. After 2-3 hours, your guide will take you to a waterfall where you can swim and relax. After lunch, you will leave the campsite by traditional rafting boat (‘jungle style’) following the river downstream to the village Bukit Lawang and directly to your guesthouse/Hotel.
Departure Point :Green Travelodge, Jl. Orangutan, Bukit Lawang, Kec. Bohorok, Kabupaten Langkat, Sumatera Utara 20852, Indonesia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.