2-Days Private Tour from Mandalay to Bagan
Travelling through Myanmar is all about getting to know village life and discover communities that have lived in the same traditional ways for many centuries. It’s a lot about getting out of the cities and explore the country side where the majority of the population lives. During this overland trip from Mandalay to Bagan we take you to Yandabo village for an experience of typical country style village life in Myanmar.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Entry/Admission - Yandabo Village Pottery
What's excluded :
Day 1: Meet your guide and first visit the Paleik ruins and Burmese star tortoise center before heading to the Yandabo village.
Stop At: Paleik In, Myanmar (Burma)
Meet with the guide at the hotel in Mandalay or from the airport and we first visit the Paleik ruins before heading to the Yandabo village.
Visiting the temple ruins of Paleik
This is an ideal excursion in the morning. The snake temple in Paleik is known for the 3 pythons sleeping at the Buddha statue that are being washed and fed daily by local worshippers. Lesser known are the ancient temple ruins in the same area, many of them over 200 years old and partly overgrown by vegetation. It’s a sort of “mini Bagan” and you probably find yourself alone, feeling like the first foreigner ever to discover this place, surrounded by temples.
After visiting Paleik ruins, we drive to the Minzontaung Wildlife Sanctuary where we see and learn more about star tortoise project.
The Burmese star tortoise
The Burmese star tortoise is an endangered species originally from the dry zone in Myanmar and in urgent need of protection. The Minzontaung Wildlife Sanctuary has been doing an excellent job in breeding tortoises and setting them back out in the wild and we take you to this simple but unique project to walk with their rangers through the forest (all together about 1–1.5 hr) with a tracking device to locate some of the tortoise in the wild and continue for a glimpse inside the breeding centre to see more of the tortoise. The simple visitor centre (set up by Khiri Reach) gives you more information about this endangered and oh so cute little animal. The walk is not compulsory and also without a visit to the rangers station you will learn a lot about the tortoise and see them at the breeding centre. Your visit to the centre will support the project.
After the visit to the tortoise centre we continue for lunch at a nearby restaurant.
Duration: 5 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight at Yandabo Home – Standard room
Day 2: Yandabo – Pakkoku - Bagan: Palm trees, monasteries and a boat ride to a 12th century hidden cave temple
Stop At: Yandabo Village Pottery, Near Sogyu on AyeYarwady River, Bagan Myanmar
Palm trees, monasteries and a boat ride to a 12th century hidden cave temple
We go by private by car to Pakkoku (2-3 hours) and visit a local slipper factory, the market and see where the famous Pakkoku blankets are made. A private boat is ready for you at the jetty in Pakkoku for a leisurely trip while lunch is being served on board. We visit Kyauk Gu Ohnmin cave temple that rarely sees foreign visitors and continue cruising to Bagan where we arrive around 17:00.
Duration: 5 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
we will pick up at the hotel the clients booked on own (or) airportAirports
- Mandalay International Airport, Tada-U, Myanmar (Burma)
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.