2 Days Watamu Tour (minimum 2 Pax)
Malindi is a town on Malindi Bay, in southeastern Kenya. It sits amid a string of tropical beaches dotted with hotels and resorts. Malindi Marine National Park and nearby Watamu Marine National Park are home to turtles and colorful fish. Arabuko-Sokoke Forest Reserve harbors elephants and more than 200 species of birds. Near the forest, the Gede Ruins are the remains of an ancient Swahili town
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Entry/Admission - Gede Ruins
- Entry/Admission - Watamu National Marine Park
What's excluded :
Day 1: DIANI - MALINDI
Stop At: Gede Ruins, Mombasa-Malindi Road, Gede 5067-80200 MALINDI Kenya
Pick up at your hotel or resort at 8:00am. Start your safari to the following places.
The ruins of Gedi:
The ghost city is one of the sites of great historical interest on the coast and it is still a mystery today what exactly happened to its inhabitants. The excavations have brought porcelain, glassworks and terracotta furnishings to light. These objects are displayed in the museum next to the entrance. 20km from Malindi, the cultural interest and the ghostly air makes for an interesting visit.
Needless to say, going on vacation to Malindi and not doing at least one or two of the suggesed excursions, is like taking a trip to Rome without going to the Colosseum. You would lose a lot of the charm of Africa and will not have anything uncommon to share with friends when back home. Head to mawe resort for lunch and chyeck in.
After lunch you will rest for 30 min and start your safari to the Hells Kitchen Marafa.
Hell’s Kitchen Marafa:
A natural canyon characterized by rock and sandstone, an hour’s driving from Malindi, while passing through the middle of typical African villages and pineapple plantations. Besides the spectacular views, the journey is unusual for city dwellers, using dirt roads carved though the middle of the savannah.
Dinner and overnight at Mawe Resort
Duration: 6 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight at Mawe resort
Day 2: watamu marine park
Stop At: Watamu National Marine Park, Watamu 80202 Kenya
Depart at around 08:30 from your beach resort. Get on a boat with a glass bottom, equipped with masks and flippers lifesaver.
Feel the breeze caress your face, the sun warm you, follow you the playful dolphins in the sea. Sail towards the Marine Park, where you can snorkel among beautiful colorful fish, or admire them through the glass bottom.
At lunchtime, you can enjoy freshly caught fish, octopus with coconut rice, lobsters , fruit and drinks on a table spread.
The food will be prepared while you relax, thinking of being in paradise
After lunch take a break and rest, sunbathe or snorkel. At 3:00 pm you will head to mida creek for your last tour .
A dense lagoon of mangroves set in an inlet of the coast shortly after passing Watamu, 30 mins of driving from Malindi. Once inside it seems like a world apart, completely cut off from time.
The return is scheduled for approximately 16:00 arriving back at your hotel late evening.
Duration: 5 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Diani Beach, Kenya
Traveler pickup is offered
WE PICK UP FROM ALL THE HOTELS /AIRPORTS IN MOMBASA AND DIANIAirports
- Jomo Kenyatta Intl Airport, Nairobi Kenya
- Moi Intl Airport, Mombasa Kenya
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.