2-Hour Discover Scuba Diving from Philipsburg
On this tour you will be able to enjoy an assisted dive without being certified. The maximum site depth is about 30 feet. You will explore the submerged wrecks & the abundant & colorful reef habitat. Any remaining time can be spent snorkeling.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Use of scuba equipment
- Bottled water & soda's onboard
What's excluded :
- Roundtrip shuttle (harbor/hotel) : US$ 5 or US$ 10 per person depending on your area
- Wetsuit rental @ US$ 10 per person
ALL CHECK-INS ARE AT LEAST 1/2 HR BEFORE YOUR CHOSEN TOUR TIME
(e.g. check-in @ 9AM for 9:30AM tour departure)
PLEASE NOTE : ALL CHECK-IN & TOUR TIMES ARE IN LOCAL ST. MAARTEN TIME
(Your ship may maintain Eastern Time. When cruising between Nov. & March, Eastern Time is 1 hr behind St. Maarten time.)
All participants complete & sign a medical waiver at "The Dive Shop" and receive sized scuba equipment.
You'll join the scuba instructor and captain on a short boat ride from Great Bay to Little Bay.
The instructor explains in his briefing what hand signals will be used for underwater communication and what the beginner diver can expect during the dive. He will prepare and add your scuba tank & weights.
The instructor will guide the guest throughout the entire water portion and will regulate your equipment to obtain the right buoyancy and comfort level.
The participants enjoy an actual ocean dive at a shallow reef & wreck site (duration is +/- 30 min.).
It's a short boat ride back to base.
• Blue Bubbles Sports & Tours, Front Street 153 Great Bay, Philipsburg St Martin / St Maarten
Departure Point :Blue Bubbles Sports & Tours, 153 Front Street, Philipsburg, Sint Maarten, 153 Front St, Philipsburg, Sint Maarten 153 Voorstraat, Philipsburg, Sint Maarten
Traveler pickup is offered
FOR CRUISE PASSENGERS : At the Philipsburg Cruise Terminal please head over to the Tourist Info Center (behind the Claude Wathey statue on the harbor plaza), and ask for Bobbi of Blue Bubbles. The attendant will direct you to the EDC Parking, where you'll find the Blue Bubbles rep & shuttle driver under the white tent. For assistance, please call or WhatsApp Bobbi Shuttle = US$ 5 per person roundtrip, payable cash only to Peggy, the Blue Bubbles rep @ the harbor's EDC Parking. Peggy will have your name on her passenger list.FOR ON-ISLAND PARTICIPANTS : check-in is directly at "The Dive Shop" at 153, Front Street, Philipsburg (in between the Sea Palace Hotel and the Walter Plantz Square & Fountains).Shuttle within Philipsburg area = US$ 5 per person roundtrip, payable cash only to the Blue Bubbles driver.Shuttle outside Philipsburg area = US$ 10 per person roundtrip, payable cash only to the Blue Bubbles driver.Ports
- Port St. Maarten
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 11 years
- It is recommended that you bring a swimsuit, change of clothes, towel and sunscreen
- Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- St. Maarten Airport requires travelers to go through thermal scanners. Show Immigration your PCR Covid-19 Negative test result (no older than 72 hrs) & copy of your health declaration form.. If feeling unwell while on-island, please contact your hotel's Front Desk or dial the Hotline at 914.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.