2-Hour Guided Sightseeing Walking Tour of Historic Asheville (Small-Group)
Explore historic Asheville on this 2-Hour Guided Sightseeing & History Walking Tour of the city. Groups are reduced to a maximum of 10 people for a more personalized experience, as well to allow for social distancing throughout the tour.
Meet your Local Guide downtown, and start with a brief look at some of the art-deco architecture while listening to your guide offer an in-depth history of Asheville. Stop at several historic sites during your walk downtown and delve into the intriguing history of many of Asheville's past literary and notable residents including William Sydney Porter (aka O'Henry), Thomas Wolfe & his family, the "Founding Fathers" of Asheville and Asheville's connection to the cursed Hope Diamond.
We will walk for approximately 2 miles at a comfortable pace over 2 hours. This tour is a great introduction to the city, and for history and architecture buffs.
per adult from
120 to 150 minutes
What's included :
- 2-Hour Guided Sightseeing Walking Tour of Historic Asheville
- Small-Group for a more personalized experience (max 10 people per group)
- Stop at several locations throughout downtown Asheville and observe the art-deco architecture
- Learn the history of famous past residents Thomas Wolfe, O'Henry & "Founding Fathers" of Asheville
- Entry/Admission - Downtown Asheville Art District
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Downtown Asheville Art District, Asheville, NC 28801-3603
Downtown Asheville & Montford
Pass By: Asheville Art Museum, 2 S Pack Sq, Asheville, NC 28801-3521
Tours will begin and conclude outside of the Asheville Art Museum.
Stop At: Riverside Cemetery, 53 Birch St, Asheville, NC 28801-1601
Founded in 1885, Riverside Cemetery is filled with tombs & is known as the burial place of famous author, Thomas Wolfe.
Stop At: Pack Square, Bordered by Broadway, Market and College Streets, Asheville, NC 28801
Downtown Asheville's historic public square.
Stop At: Urban Trail, Pack Place, Asheville, NC 28801
Walking trail of Asheville's historic sites.
Stop At: Vance Monument, Pack Square (at Broadway, Market and College Streets), Asheville, NC 28801
Obelisk honoring former Colonel, Governor & U.S. Congressman, Zebulon Baird Vance. Located in Downtown Asheville.
Departure Point :2 S Pack Square, Asheville, NC 28801, USA
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- We will walk for approximately 2 miles at a comfortable pace over 2 hours.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Social distancing measures are taken throughout tour. In addition, please bring along your own face mask. We are outside for the tour, except for one building that we will go through briefly.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.