2-Hour Private Guided Tour around Mombasa Tusks
Mombasa on the Kenyan Coast has a lot more to offer to the discerning visitor than just beautiful beaches and hotels.
It was quite influential port with a lot of activities in the 14th century. It has the best white Sandy Beaches and Coral Reefs that the African coastline has to offer. The attractions in Mombasa, relate directly to the historical context through the influence of the Colonial Masters from Portuguese, Arabs to British. The town is actually on a small Island, and is a cosmopolitan blend of African, Arabic, Asian and European Cultures.
Take this 2hrs tour to experience the streets of Mombasa city with the main attraction being the The Tusks
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport in a safari van with an open-top
- 1ltr bottled mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Mombasa Tusks
What's excluded :
- Tips and gratuities for your driver/guide.
- Personal spending money and effects like communications charges for telephone calls,email, etc.
- Meals, snacks, attractions, and events not included in your tour
- Pick ups / drop offs outside Mombasa CBD is US$ 30
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mombasa, Mombasa, Coast Province
Streets in Kenya serve different uses and modes; from people’s daily traverses to vendors hawking their wares for their pedestrian patrons, streets serve as formal and informal settings of daily life for millions of Kenyans.
Tour Mombasa City Streets, Kenya’s second largest and oldest city, is leading the country in investing in pathways and infrastructure for pedestrians and cyclists. Mombasa’s focus on cycling and walking infrastructure growth is part of a larger city-wide beautification program which also includes creating walkways along the waterfront, the construction of recreational facilities, and painting of buildings in the city center.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mombasa Tusks, Moi avenue, Mombasa 80100 Kenya
Located on the Mombasa’s main Highway, the Tusks is a symbolic representation of entrance into the heart of the town. The Tusks were built to commemorate the visit of Queen Elizabeth to the town in 1952. Ivory was considered to be an exquisite commodity during the time the Queen was making a visit. In essence, the Tusks were meant to embrace the Queen and the British Empire in to the town and within its social structure. Museum.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :MOMBASA CBD, Mombasa Road, Mombasa, Kenya
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Mji wa Kale, Moi International Airport Mvita, Mombasa, Kenya
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 6/15/2020 - 10/26/2021
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.