2-hour Private Valley of the Temples Tour in Agrigento
The Valley of the Temples is one of the most outstanding examples of Greater Greece art and architecture, and is one of the main attractions of Sicily as well as a national monument of Italy. The area was included in the UNESCO Heritage Site list in 1997.
The archaeological park and landscape of the Valley of the Temples is the largest archaeological site in the world with 1,300 hectares, but the term 'valley' is a misnomer, the site being located on a ridge outside the town of Agrigento.
Through this tour you will have the chance to admire the magnificent Doric temples of the sacred hill, as the Temple of Hera (Juno), the Temple of Concordia, Temple of Herakles (Hercules), the Temple of Zeus (Jupiter) and Sanctuary of chthonic deities.
Follow the steps and the words of your expert guide and you will also understand the culture that led to the construction of those majestic structures and you will get to know the characters that made Akragas 'the most beautiful city of mortals'.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private tour
- Expert tour guide
What's excluded :
- Entrance ticket cost is approximately €10.
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Valle dei Templi
- Entry/Admission - Tempio della Concordia
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Valle dei Templi, Piazza Archeologica 1 Via Panoramica Dei Templi, 92100, Agrigento, Sicily Italy
Visit the Valle dei Templi
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Tempio della Concordia, 92100, Agrigento, Sicily Italy
Visit Tempio della Concordia
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Via Panoramica Valle dei Templi, 92100 Agrigento AG, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Please note that this tour does not include any entrance tickets.
- Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes, and take with you some water and sunscreen.
- Please note that this experience does not include transportation to the selected place.
- If the weather conditions are too bad to do the tour safely, the activity will be cancelled and you'll be given a full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.