2 Hours Private Walking Tour of the Highlights of Amsterdam
2-hour private (only your group, no other customers) tour on foot with optional break of half an hour in which your guide takes you along many highlights of the historic center. Expect to see numerous scenic intersections of the canals and Amstel river, interestingly decorated canal 17th and 18th canal mansions in the typical so-called dutch renaissance-style, a beautifull large courtyard (almhouse), dating back to the medieval and the nearby Civic Guards Gallery with it's 17th century, original paintings which are accesible for free.Tours can be customized to your specific interests as you like.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup (as long as it is in the center)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Tickets for the tram or bus, in case it is necessary to take one
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Zeedijk, Oudezijds Kolk to Nieuwmarkt, Amsterdam The Netherlands
We pass by many remarkable monuments in the eastern part of the historic center of Amsterdam. House Riga, Cafe in 't aepjen, House Cognac, House Paris, the hidden church. I will explain a lot about the history of Amsterdam and the most interesting monuments in this neighbourhood. I will shortly stop for explanations at the highlights.
Duration: 2 minutes
Stop At: Nieuwmarkt, Amsterdam The Netherlands
Passing by the historic 15th century waag or weigh house. Like at all other highlights, short stop for explanation
Duration: 2 minutes
Stop At: Begijnhof, Gedempte Begijnensloot, 1012 RM Amsterdam The Netherlands
pass by to visit this hidden, historic and scenic highlight and the nearby Civic Guards Gallery. The only place in Amsterdam where you will be able to see a couple of real 17th century Dutch masterpiece paintings without paying anything.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Red Light District, Amsterdam The Netherlands
passing through this notorious neighbourhood. In case you would like to get to see the Amsterdam 'working girls' i will take you into the narrow alleys where you come close-up with them. In case you would like to avoid this neighbourhood please indicate so, then i will adapt my route.
Stop At: Anne Frank House, Prinsengracht 263 - 267 museum entrance Westermarkt 20, 1016 DK Amsterdam The Netherlands
passing by the front of this world famous former place of hiding of Anne Frank. Short stop for making pictures if you prefer so
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Dam Square, Amsterdam The Netherlands
passing by the historic central square of amsterdam with Palace at the dam square and National monument
Duration: 5 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please indicate in which hotel you sleep. It's the easiest to meet at your hotel as long as it is at a central location. I do pick ups at each hotel in Central Amsterdam, also at the ones not explicitly listed above as long as they are located in Central Amsterdam. I pick guests up at the Passenger Terminal Amsterdam (PTA, this is the docking location of almost all sea Cruise ships), and at the most common docking locations of rivercruiseships like those of Viking and Ama at De Ruyterkade Oost and the Ruyterkade West. In other cases we will have to agree upon a central, easily recognizeable meeting place. Usually that is near central station. Please provide an emailadress and cell phone number of a contact person as we might have to discuss a start location other than your hotel. Ports
- Amsterdam Passengers Terminal (PTA) Sea Cruise ships do dock here normally
- De Ruyterkade Oost (the most common docking location for river cruise ships like those operated by Viking and Ama waterways)
- De Ruyterkade West (less common docking location of river cruise ships)
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- A considerable amount of walking is involved. You have to be able to walk for at least 1 hour. In case 1 or more people in your group have difficulties with walking, please inform us about it. Sometimes a wheelchair is a solution. In case you can't bring one yourself you could try to arrange one at the hotel. Another option is: we arrange a biketaxi/rickshaw but price for that is not included
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- always tell us in case someone of your group has serious medical problems or problems with walking fast and for longer distances
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.