2.5-Hour Prague Wine Tasting Walking Tour
Although it may seem that the tradition of winemaking in Prague has been long forgotten, Prague Wine Tour will try to reveal the glory of Prague’s vineyards.
Together we’ll go through the history of winemaking – from the times of ancient Egypt, through medieval ages to the present day. Learn why Prague was called once the City of Wine and taste 5 delicious local wines in one of the most famous Prague's wine bars!
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Wine tasting of 5 local wines
- Brochure of the best wine bars in Prague
What's excluded :
- On this tour we’ll go together through the history of winemaking – from the times of ancient Egypt, through medieval ages to the present day. You’ll learn how wine made its way to the Bohemian Kingdom, and who became the patron saint of Czech winemakers.
On a pleasant walk through the city center your guide will point out places, which were closely connected to wine and together we look into the laws which winemakers in medieval Prague had to follow, and what privileges and prerogatives had been given. On many original pictures and maps of medieval Prague your guide will explain you why Prague was once called the City of Wine and what caused the final decrease of winemaking in 19th century.
Lastly we’ll stop at one of the most famous Prague’s wine bars and taste 5 local wines grown in Bohemian and Moravian region.
Departure Point :Křižovnické nám. 191, Staré Město, 110 00 Praha-Praha 1, Czechia
Departure Time :1:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- All of our tours respect the current health measures imposed by the Czech government. If you you want to get up to date info about restrictions valid for the duration of the tour please email us one day prior to your departure.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.