2,5-hours Private Guided Tour at the Sachsenhausen Memorial (Certified Guide)
A visit to this sobering site of the former Nazi concentration camp just north of Berlin is a must for everyone interested in WWII history.
In the summer of 1936, Reichsführer-SS Heinrich Himmler gave order to the establishment of a “model” concentration camp near the capital of the Third Reich. Its dimensions and capacity were a terrifying prelude into SS intentions and the scale of terror that was yet to come.
This tour also includes the former Concentration Camp Inspectorate – one of the best preserved buildings of the Third Reich in its original form and a visit to the office of Theodor Eicke, first commandant of Dachau.
During this tour you will learn about:
• the development of the Nazi concentration camp system
• how the SS founded and extended their system of power and oppression
• the prisoners’ daily struggle for survival
• society of prisoners inside the barbed wires
• perpetrators, special punishments, medical experiments and executions that took place in the camp.
What's included :
- Pick-up at the Oranienburg train station / Hotel pick-up is also possible, please check tour options
- All taxes and fees
- Expert guide trained and certified by the Sachsenhausen Memorial
- Several printed pictures to help you better visualize the topics that will be discussed
- € 2 / person admission fee
- Entry/Admission - Memorial and Museum Sachsenhausen
What's excluded :
- Snacks - You are welcome to bring your own snack or sandwich, which you'll be able to eat during the break at the cafeteria. It is also possible to buy them on site.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Memorial and Museum Sachsenhausen, Strasse der Nationen 22, 16515 Oranienburg, Brandenburg Germany
Your accredited guide will first take you to the building of the former Concentration Camp Inspectorate and the office of SS-Obergruppenführer Theodor Eicke, the head of the institution.
On your way to the camp, you will see the former SS roll-call and living area, At the memorial, you will see the house of the Camp Commandant, Tower A – the main entrance to the KZ and the site of the former machine-gun installation, the roll-call area or “Appelplatz”, the so-called Neutral Zone – death stripe, the shoe-testing track, the prisoners' living quarters and barracks, the cell block – punishment cells and Gestapo prison, the execution pit and "Station Z" – the remains of the extermination facility and the crematoria, the infirmary barracks and its underground passages, the dissection room and the morgue, etc.
**Attention** - During winter time (15 October until 14 March) the buildings and museums of the memorial are closed on Mondays. Also, during this period the memorial closes at 4:30 pm (when it gets dark). Please bear these conditions in mind when you are booking in this time period.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Our regular meeting point is in front of the Oranienburg train station. You can get there very easily with the S1 subway line that runs through many major stops and popular touristic spots in Berlin. Alternative meeting or pick-up point can be arranged, please see other options of the tour.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.