3 Ancient Kingdoms from Negombo
(SKU: LK60051000) This tour allows you to visit three ancient kingdoms of Sri Lanka, located in the Northwestern Province. Get to see the royal palace complex of Dambadeniya. Visit the beautiful rock fortress of Yapahuwa. See the old city of Panduwasnuwara with its ruins spanning a period of over two millennia.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport throughout the tour with an air-conditioned car,
- Service of an English-Speaking Chauffer Guide,
- 1 Liter of Bottled Mineral Water Per Person,
- Hotel Pick & Drop,
What's excluded :
- Expenses of Personal Nature.
- Entrance Tickets for Dambadeniya, Yapahuwa, panduwasnuwara
- Food and drinks.
- Gratuities (optional).
- Entry/Admission - Dambadeniya Ancient Kingdom Museum
- Entry/Admission - Yapahuwa Ancient Kingdom
- Entry/Admission - Panduwasnuwara Kingdom
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dambadeniya Ancient Kingdom Museum, Dambadeniya, Sri Lanka
The kingdom of Dambadeniya was at its peak during the mid-thirteenth century, especially during the reign of King Parakramabahu II. He was a peaceful king who brought Sinhalese literature to new heights with his epic poetic masterpieces ‘Kavisilumina’ and ‘Visuddi Marga Sannasa’. You will get to see the recently excavated remains of the old Temple of the Tooth, where the Tooth Relic was housed previously, and the ruins of the royal palace complex with its gardens, walls and moats.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Yapahuwa Ancient Kingdom, Yapahuwa Temple, Yapahuwa Sri Lanka
Yapahuwa was the capital of Sri Lanka right after Dambadeniya, when the Dravidians invaded. The fortress was built on a giant rock in the style of the Sigiriya rock fortress. However, the architecture of this fortress is completely different from Sigiriya with wide staircases, beautiful stone sculptures and highly detailed carvings on pillars. On your visit you will be able to climb to the fortress and view the ruins of the stupa on the summit of the rock. The stupa has some notable statues and imagery from the Kandyan era that you can peruse.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Panduwasnuwara Kingdom, Wariyapola Road, Kurunegala 60000 Sri Lanka
The ancient city was one of the first kingdoms of Sri Lanka, having been the capital during the 5th century BC. The site was used much later in the 12th century as well, resulting in a mix of ruins from various periods. The ruins are spread over an area of almost 12 hectares. Some of the most notable sights are the recently restored monument that was the two storied former Temple of the Tooth, ruins of the royal palace and the artificial reservoir Panda Wewa that is considered one of the earliest irrigation systems ever made by man.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your Hotel in Negombo
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Hats and comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.