3-Day All Inclusive Guided Jungle Tour from Iquitos at Maniti Eco-Lodge
This 3 day & 2 night Iquitos Peru rainforest tour is geared for people who are really interested in seeing culture along with wildlife but also want the comfort of a jungle lodge in Iquitos. This expedition is full of our most popular activities including: visit to monkey island, anaconda spotting, dolphin spotting, rain forest hiking, piranha fishing, night caiman excursion, birding excursions, canoe rides, and visits with native Amazonian tribes.
per adult from
What's included :
- All Local Transportation
- All Meals During Excursion (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snacks)
- Purified Water, Juice, Coffee, Tea, Milk
- All Equipment: Rubber Boots, Fishing Poles, First Aid, Etc.
- Professional Bilingual Guide (English and Spanish)
- Fully guided jungle tours and excursions as described in the itinerary
- Private Accommodations (Bedding, Mosquito Nets, Shower)
What's excluded :
- Airport transfers (tour starts from our office in Iquitos)
- Extra Items (Souvenirs, Extra Food, Cigarettes, Etc.
- All Airport Taxes
- Personal Expenses: Telephone Calls, Laundry Expenses, Alcoholic Drinks, Etc.
- Insurance Against Theft, Loss, Illness or Accident
- Hotel In Iquitos City
- Day 1:
9:00am departure from Maniti Expeditions office in Iquitos city to arrive in the port town of Nanay (Bellavista), where the Rio Nanay meets the Rio Amazonas. After departing by boat we will travel downriver 70km (about 2-hour). During the riverboat trip we will have a great possibility of seeing caimans, turtles, herons, pink river dolphins, snakes, and many other species of flora/fauna along the riverbank.
Monkey Island is a small island about 15 minutes from the Maniti Lodge which shelters a large number of monkeys in their natural habitat. During your visit on the island you will have the unique opportunity to observea wide variety of monkeys that include: Sloth, Goeldi’s monkey, Tamarin monkey, Capuchin monkey, Yellow-Handed Titi monkey, Masked Titi monkey, Cebidae monkey, Wooly monkey, Squirrel monkey, Spider monkey, South American Coati monkey and many more! Along with the various species of monkeys you will have to opportunity to see very large Anacondas, Boas and the very unique and rare Amazonian mata-mata turtle. At Monkey Island we will also see alligators, turtles, toucans, macaws, parrots, etc.
Dolphin watching session at the camp where we will have the unique opportunity to see the pink freshwater dolphin. If we are lucky we will also have the chance to swim with them on the main Amazon River. In the evening we will go on a nocturnal nature hike to see what types of species can be seen (lizards, snakes, spiders, monkeys).
Overnight at Maniti Lodge
We will begin our day early, waking up in time to see the sunrise over the Amazon River and then we will leave the camp to go on a animal observation excursion (via boat) where will have the opportunity to see pairs various types of flora and fauna. Afternoon fishing excursion via boat with opportunity to see piranha, catfish and other species of fish. Viewing of Victoria Regia – the largest freshwater aquatic plant in the world. After sunset we will go on an excursion via canoe to spot caimans.
Overnight at Maniti Lodge
Early morning jungle hike where we will have the unique opportunity to see a vast number of monkeys, birds and many other wildlife in their natural habitat. We will also see and learn about various types of Amazonian plants. Departure from Maniti Lodge with destination Iquitos City. Visit with a local native Indian tribe to learn and observe about history and their customs. Transfer to airport/hotel and end of the service.
Departure Point :Iquitos, Iquitos, Loreto Region
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Iquitos, Peru
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.