3-Day Atlas Mountains Trek from Marrakech: Imlil and Azzaden Valleys
In this 3 days trek you will get away from the bustle of Marrakech as you explore some of the most uniquely stunning valleys of the Atlas mountains. Learn about the local culture, while you walk through Berber valleys villages and the green walnut fields of the Imlil and Azzaden valleys. Indulge your taste buds in traditional Moroccan meals at a family-run guesthouse and explore the full nature of Toubkal National Park. Top off this amazing 3 day trek in the Atlas Mountains with with meeting the locals to exchange the cultures.
• Trek two different valleys through Atlas Mountains passes.
• Learn more about the Berber heritage.
• Enjoy the breathtaking views of the snow-capped mountains.
• This is a unique opportunity to combine between hiking in the great Atlas Mountains and learning about the local culture.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Local professional guide
- Mules & Muleteers
- All meals
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- personal expanses
- Bottled water ( There are many points to buy during the trek)
- Sleeping bags ( Blankets are provided in the guest house
- Day One : Our driver will meet you at 9:00 am at your Hotel/Riad in Marrakech or at a preferred pick-up point.
Start your day trip to the Atlas Mountains and after 40 min on the way, stop to take pictures of the old Berber village of Azrou.
You can also visit an Argan oil co-operative run by woman, for a cup of mint tea with local bread, Argan oil and peanut butter (optional).
You will then continue on through Moulay Brahim gorges and Asni valley.
Once you arrive in Imlil, you will meet your local guide and start your walking for about 4 to 5 hours to discover the Ait mizane valley. The driver is going to take your luggage straight to your overnight point.
Your hike will take you past the main waterfall of the area and the Berber villages of Imlil such as Targa Imoula, Achayn, Arghen,Mazzik etc.
You will stop off in Armed and have the opportunity to take in the views of the highest peak in the north of Africa (Toubkal at 4167m) and of ancient irrigated terraced fields of barley, corn, and vegetables, surrounded by cherry and walnut trees. Climb up higher through the pine forest of Ouafghast to reach an altitude of 2200m above sea level. Then walk down to the village of Ait souka for the overnight stay in a guest house.
For lunch you might either have it in the nature or in the guest house.
Day Two : After your breakfast. your local guide and your supplier muleteer are joining you to help you pack up your luggage and head to the next valley of Azzaden. Start your day with a gentel walk down to the center of Imlil ( 1750m ) before climbing all the way up to Tizi Mazzik (2480).. Lunch will be served in the nature under the Juniper trees with stunning views over many peaks of and valleys of the Atlas Mountains.
After lunch, the hike continues on the same level to reach the biggest waterfall of the region.
After a nice break by the waterfall, you follow down the Shepherds paths to Tizi Oussem village for your second night (1900m).
Here, there is a possibility of experiencing the Berber Hammam (Steam bath) with a very reasonable price and you can also assist in preparing your dinner.
Aprox 5 to 6 hours.
Day Three: Take your breakfast in the rooftop of the guest house . Get ready and start your last day hike with an easy walk following the dirt road to Idaissa village before changing to the path trail all the way up to Tizi Oudid pass (2010m).
After having some dryed mixed nuts, you follow your guide down through Matat village to get to Agrsioual village .
Lunch will be served by the river before before meeting the driver for the transfer back to Marrakech.
Approx 5 hours.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The trek option suit all the fitness levels.
- The guest house in the second night is a bit basic ( Shower,bathroom,mattress and blankets are provided ).
- Vegetarian, vigan or any dietary requirements are available.
- The option is subject to change to suit the weather conditions.
- Bring waterproof and warm clothes and good walking boots in the winter season.
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.