3 Day Chimpanzee Tracking Safari to Kibale National Park
This is a 3 day Uganda safari that will take you to Kibale Forest National Park for Chimp trekking which is the main attraction. It also involves optional bird watching, a nature walk through the Bigodi Swamp area, a visit to a community in the area, or a visit to one of the crater lakes.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2 nights accommodation
What's excluded :
- his is a 3 day Uganda safari that will take you to Kibale Forest National Park for Chimp trekking which is the main attraction. It also involves optional bird watching, a nature walk through the Bigodi Swamp area, a visit to a community in the area, or a visit to one of the crater lakes.
Nature walk in Bigodi swamp
You will depart Kampala after breakfast and head westwards to Fort Portal town. The drive will take about 4 -5 hours. You will have lunch in Fort Portal and continue to Kibale where you will go for either a community walk or visit the beautiful Crater lakes region for a spectacular view. Dinner and overnight will be at your reserved lodge.
After breakfast you will report at the Kanyanchu Tourist Centre at 08.00 am for a briefing before tracking the chimpanzees. The forest is only accessible on foot and the walk will provide you with the opportunity to also see a variety of other primates and animals as well as birds, and a variety of butterflies, and other insects. You will return to the lodge for lunch and in the afternoon go for a nature walk in the Bigodi Wetland to see a variety of birds and monkey species. You will have dinner and overnight at your lodge.
You will have the option to either visit the Karambi tombs (burial sites for the former Toro kings and other royals or visit the Toro Palace for a cultural experience. You will have lunch in Fort Portal and set off for Kampala arriving in the evening.
Departure Point :Kampala and nearby town hotels
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.