3 Day or 4 Day Santa Cruz Trek from Huaraz,Peru
The Santa Cruz Trek is one of the most popular treks in Peru and is a short trek that helps you acclimatize. After this trek, you may be able to complete other climbing or hiking challenges. The Santa Cruz Trek goes through the heart of the Cordillera Blanca and offers mountains, panoramic views, colorful lakes, and snowy peaks. This trek can be combined with connecting tours to southern Peru such as Inca Trail Trek to Machupicchu and other tours.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Hotel/port pickup
- Port pickup
- Local guide
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel drop-off
- Day 1.- Huaraz - Cashapampa - Llamacorral
We will leave Huaraz around 7 am from your hotel and drive along the Callejon de Huaylas passing several villages of Carhuaz, Yungay and Caraz. Then continue to the trail head Cashapampa 2900masl, where we will meet our donkey drivers. After to prepare and leave thing to packed. We will start hiking up by narrow and hot valley going up for about 2 hours. Then we will have lunch down the tree’s shadow
After lunch we will start going up to almost flat area to the first camp place called Llamacorral. The walking time from the lunch area is 2 hours more so the total hiking time is about 4 hours on day 1.
Overnight camping at Llamacorral 3760masl. Approximately 5km
Day 2.- Llamacorral - Taullipampa
After the Andean breakfast in our camp site we will have a moderate hike along the valley enjoying the beautiful lakes called Ichicocha and Jatuncocha turquoise lakes. We will arrive to a nice spot where will have lunch at the place called Quisuar. Then after it we will go up to the Alpamayo south base camp to take pictures. We will return after a short walk then continue for few hours to the next camp place called Taullipampa camping at 4200masl. Walking time approx 6 hours, about 8 to 9 km.
Day 3.- Taullipampa – Huaripampa/Cachinapampa
After the Breakfast in the Camp site taullipampa we will start our hiking around 7am. After 3 hours hiking up in the zig-zag path we will reach the Punta Union pass at 4750 masl, from here we will have spectacular views from the mountains such as Taulliraju, Paria, Artesonraju, and others and beautiful lake of Taullicocha then continue hiking down to Morococha lakes pass them and arrive to Cachinapampa Camp place. After 4 hours hiking down form Punta Union Pass, camping at 3850 masl walking time is approximately 8 or 9 hours, 12Km approx
Day 4.- Huaripampa - Vaquería - Llanganuco Valley and return to Huaraz
Last day breakfast in the camp site, we start hiking along the valley down to Huaripampa then turn to right side and climb a small part for about 40 minutes to get to Vaqueria. Here our minivan will be waiting for us to take us to Huaraz trough a road crossing the Portachuelo Llanganuco Pass (4,750m). The road leads up to the pass through quinoa forests and meadows before opening out as we approach the lakes. Another place to have your camera ready as the lovely Llanganuco Valley which comes into view.
You will also see the east flank of Huascaran with both North and South peaks providing the backdrop to a vista that will include the Huandoy group (6,395m), Chopicalqui (6,354m) and the awe-inspiring Chacraraju (6,112m). we will descend down into the Llanganuco Valley.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
please stay at hotel lobby the guide will pass by you and call by your name, in case of late for some reason trafic system or natural desaster will ccall to hotek reception
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Dress code is formal
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Availability for shows cannot be checked without making a booking. Credit cards will only be charged upon confirmation of show availability
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.