3-Day Private Hiking Adventure on the Great Wall: Gubeikou, Jinshanling and Simatai
Get the ultimate experience of the Great Wall on this 3-day private hiking adventure with transport from Beijing. With your expert English-speaking guide, you’ll enjoy several moderate hikes along the Gubeikou, Jinshanling and Simatai portions of the wall. Meet local villagers, admire the lush scenery and learn about the history of the wall, which was built more than 2,000 years ago during the Qin Dynasty. As you hike, see parts of the wall in their original form, which you won’t see in the crowded tourist areas. All meals, entrance fees, accommodation and transportation are included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2x Dinner
- 3x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- Professional English-speaking guide with private transportation
- 2 nights' guesthouse accommoation based on twin share with daily breakfast
- Drinking water and snacks for your hiking
- Entry/Admission - The Great Wall of Gubeikou
- Entry/Admission - Jinshanling Great Wall
- Entry/Admission - Simatai Great Wall
What's excluded :
Day 1: Beijing – Gubeikou
Stop At: The Great Wall of Gubeikou, Gubeikou Town, Beijing 101508 China
Morning picks up from your hotel in Beijing, and private transfer to the Great Wall at Gubeikou. You’ll first receive an introduction and briefing from your guide about the terrain, your itinerary and safety requirements. Gubeikou was a vital mountain pass dates back to 16th century. With 14 beacon towers, 143 watch towers, 16 strategic passes, the majority of wall building led by noted general Xuda in 1378 during the Ming dynasty. Divided into four parts: Wohushan, Panlongshan, Jinshanling, and Simatai, and the famous Gubeikou Great Wall stretches for more than 40 kilometers (25 miles).
Today's hiking will start from Wohushan Great Wall, which is 665.2 meters above sea level. It was built in the Ming Dynasty with the full length of 13.6 kilometers, which contains a great many watchtowers. Wohushan Great Wall becomes a masterpiece in the history of building Great Walls for its long history, ingenious distribution, steepness and complete facilities.
Duration: 3 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight in a local farmer's house near the wall
Day 2: Gubeikou-Jinshanling
Stop At: Jinshanling Great Wall, Chengde Shi, Luanping County 068250 China
Enjoy breakfast at your hotel to gear up for today’s hike to Jinshanling. As you hike along with your guide, you'll see lush vegetation and learn how this part of the wall has crumbled because in the 1950s local farmers took bricks from the wall to build their houses. Pass by a local village and walk around the inner circle of the wall, which was the second defense in case the main wall breached. Continue walking until the late afternoon. Today, you’ll hike 7.5 miles (12 km) for a total of 4-5 hours, and will rest for 3-4 hours to take in the views and have lunch. Then you will come to a guesthouse in village called Erdaoliang Jinshanling area for accommodation.
Duration: 4 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight in a local farmer's house near Jinshanling Great Wall
Day 3: Jinshanling--Simatai--Beijing
Stop At: Simatai Great Wall, Gubeikou Town, Beijing 101508 China
After breakfast, follow your expert guide to Simatai to experience both original and restored sections of the wall. Catch scenic views of watchtowers snaking along the mountain. Some of these 2-story and 3-story towers have flat roofs, others rounded, and others pitched with upturned eaves. You’ll hike for 7 miles (12 km) on the mostly paved ground, and there are a few stretches of unrestored pathways with stairs and steep gradients.
After the hike, head to a local farmer's restaurant to have lunch. Meet and chat with the farmers over a home-cooked Chinese meal and learn the surrounding community development.
End your tour with a transfer to your hotel in Beijing.
Duration: 4 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Capital Airport, Shunyi, Beijing 101300 China
- Nanyuan Airport, Beijing China
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that if requiring pickup and/or drop-off at any location other than the Beijing airport or hotel, you must advise tour operator (contact information will be provided in your confirmation voucher)
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities, using a wheelchair or for children who need strollers
- Your hike has a physical difficulty of moderate to strenuous, depending on physical fitness
- For two or more passengers: if there is an even number of people in your party, please choose the Double Occupancy tour option and you will be placed in double rooms, up to two people per room. If there is an odd number of people in your party, book Double Occupancy if you'd like three people to be placed together in a double room (contains two twin/single beds with an additional bed for a maximum of three adults); book Single Occupancy for the entire party if one person would like to have a double room to his/herself and the rest be placed in double rooms, with two people per room
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.