3-Day Private Tour to Co Cavan - Adventure Activities, Music, Pubs & More
Get the chance to experience what Ireland has to offer on this magnificent 3-day tour. These private tours are unique, off the beaten track and custom made for you and your partner/family/groups' interests and ability. You will get to visit Ireland's Ancient East sites hearing local folklore stories 5000 years in the making, get to experience Ireland's enchanting rivers and lakes while taking a row boat or kayak trip to Clough Oughter Castle ruin which is on an island and only accessible by water. You will also get to go on a hike at your chosen level to take in a birds-eye view of this wonderful landscape, and also have the option to abseil and rock climb on outdoor cliffs if you choose at no extra charge. Finally, you will join and listen to your guide sing and play Irish Ballads in an authentic Irish Bar giving you the full Irish experience that you will never forget.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All transport
- Irish tour guide
- 2-night Bed & Breakfast accommodation
- Guided kayak tour to Clough Oughter Castle
- All kayaking equipment rental
- Organised Music Session performed by your guide
- Guided hike to the summit of Cuilcagh Mt.
- Option of Rock Climbing/Abseiling at no extra cost (including all equipment rental)
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local taxes
- All activities
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Live entertainment
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food & Beverages
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- All transport is included and you will be picked up at your chosen destination, accommodation or airport/port.
Our Irish guides are outdoor instructors, as well as musicians and passionate about Ireland's culture and heritage.
2 nights accommodation included in a classic Irish Bed & Breakfast
- Pick up at your chosen location and time (recommended between 9 & 10 am)
- Travel towards Co Cavan, 1.5 hours from Dublin City
In the morning visit Loughcrew Megalithic Cairn & vistor centre ; A short hike to the highest point in County Meath where you will get to find Loughcrew Megalithic Cairn, an ancient rite of passage tomb older than the pyramids of Egypt. You will hear local folklore stories, see carvings on stones dating back 5000BC and visit the Loughcrew Megalithic centre, an old Irish thatched cottage for a cup of coffee/tea.
- After Lunch,
take a kayak or a row boat trip to Clough Oughter Castle - Visit County Cavan, famous for its 365 lakes and take a kayak/boat trip to Clough Oughter Castle. This is an enchanting castle built on a man-made island or crannog. Hear about the many tales of Irish Chieftains and battles that are linked to this monument. The castle ruin is part of the Marble Arch Geopark on Lough Oughter lake adjacent to the charming Killykeen forest park and is only accessible by water.
- Pick up at your B&B
In the morning, hike the "Stairway to Heaven" to the summit of Cuilcagh Mt
Enjoy a guided hike to the summit of Cuilcagh Mountain on Ireland's very own Stairway to Heaven, starting on a gravel road and then onto a wooden boardwalk that is there to protect the flora, fauna and rare blanket bog from erosion, by walkers. You then meet the stairway that brings you up the steep cliff to the summit of Cuilcagh Mountain to take in the magnificent views as a well-deserved treat. Appropriate footwear and rain gear along with a relative level of fitness is required to complete this 7km hike to the summit. The Path is part of the Marble Arch Caves Global Geopark. There is also the option of shorter hikes at this location if requested.
- After Lunch you will have the choice of either
visiting The Marble Arch Caves
The Cavan Burren Park
or trying rock climbing/abseiling
- On the final night, join your guide on a Music Session in a local Irish Bar, where your guide will play and sing some Irish Ballads
- This is a more relaxing day and a opportunity to do some more sightseeing. Your guide will make suggestions of things to do and see and you can choose what fits your interests, eg Erica's Fairy Forest or County Museum.
- Drop off back at your preferred location hotel/airport around 18.00pm
Departure Point :Dublin City
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.