3-Day Sahara Desert To Merzouga From Marrakech & Camel Ride
Spending a night in the Sahara Desert is an unforgettable experience for visitors to Morocco and this three-day tour lets you travel further and explore more along the way. Visit UNESCO-listed Ait Ben Haddou, the Valley of the Roses, and Tinghir ; stop at traditional Berber villages around the Todra Gorge; then take a camel trek through the Erg Chebbi dunes the highest in Morocco and sleep beneath the desert stars at Berber campsite.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 3x Breakfast
- 2x Dinner
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
- Transportation by modern, air-conditioned minibus
- English/French/ spanish speaking guide
- Overnight stay in Tinghir at Hotel Bougafer 4-star or similar including dinner and breakfast
- Camel trek in Erg Chebbi at sunset
- Overnight stay at a desert camp in Erg Chebbi including dinner and breakfast
- Bedding at both accommodations
- Access to toilets and showers at both accommodations
- Guide at Ait Ben Haddou
What's excluded :
- Lunch and/or drinks
- Tip (Optional)
Day 1: Day 1 : Marrakech - Tinghir - daddes valley
Stop At: Dadès Gorges, Morocco
Your 3 day desert tour from Marrakech to Merzouga will start early in the morning. Depart from Marrakech around 7:30 AM to ait ben haddou through tizi Ntichka pass and the high Atlas Mountains. Many stops will be made along the way. Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Kasbah ait ben haddou, which was also served as a set for various Hollywood blockbusters. Continue to Ouazazate and Kasbah Taourirte before lunch. In the afternoon, drive to Tinghir via the valley of the roses before you reach your hotel located in Dades. Dinner and overnight.
Duration: 7 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight stay in Daddes
Day 2: Day 2 : Dades - Tinghir – Merzouga
Stop At: Merzouga Desert, Merzouga Morocco
Your journey will start today with a drive along the road of 1001 Kasbah to Ouasis of Tinghir, where you will deviate to a minor road driving along the river to todra canyons. After some time at leisure to enjoy the immensity of the hugecliffs, and lunch at a local café (at your leisure), continue early in the afternoon to Rissani , famous for its date market, and being a starting point of the ancient trading caravans crossing the sahara desert to Tomboctou. After a quick stop, continue to Merzouga driving through some rocky desert landscape. Upon arrival at the edge of Erg Chebbi dunes, meet your camel caravan, and ride your camels through the amazing color-changing sand dunes with the sunset in the horizon as a backdrop. Reach your Sahara Desert camp, nestled in the middle of nowhere just before darkness.
After some time to admire the sand dunes and the surrounding landscapes, get ready for a Moroccan dinner served under the stars next to a camp fire.
Duration: 8 hours
Accommodation included: Night stay in a Berber tent
Day 3: Day 3 : Merzouga – Marrakech
Stop At: Ouarzazate, Ouarzazate, Souss-Massa
After an early breakfast and a camel ride back to the main road, meet your driver and drive back to Ouarzazte. After some time at leisure for lunch, carry on in the afternoon to Marrakech through the high atlas mountains.
Your shared 3 day desert tour will end in Marrakech around 7:00 PM.
Duration: 10 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.