3-Day Tour: Corinth-Cave of Lakes-Odontotos railway-Hydra Island-Mycenae-Nafplio-Epidaurus
Enjoy this "different" 3-Day/2-Night PRIVATE trip and experience authentic Greece with an amazing mix of 4 top historical Unesco sites, landscape, coastline & mountains, people, food & drink & islands!
• A journey to the Corinth Canal & Ancient Corinth; the Cave of Lakes & Odontotos Rack Railway.
• Explore the cosmopolitan island of Hydra. Amazing views, beautiful stone built houses and of course no vehicles ... just donkeys and deep blue water!
• King Agamemnon's Mycenae, the Venetian "old town" of Nafplio, Palamidi fortress to optionally walk down the 999 steps and enjoy the views. Finally, the oldest theater in the world with the amazing acoustics; Epidaurus!
Let your dedicated driver/guide treat you to some amazing lunch and drinks. The trip includes accommodation in a great & spacious holiday home with panoramic sea views of the cosmopolitan Hydra island.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2x Breakfast
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 3 nights
- Private tour for 1-8 related ONLY people. A "really private tour"
- Brand new vehicles only (2018-19)
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of one medium/normal size luggage and one small carry-on bag
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private driver/guide
- Breakfast included on a self-catering basis, which means all locally sourced materials are provided (mostly our own organic fruit, vegetables, eggs, homemade bread, and desserts)
- In car wifi, bottled water and booklet of information with all trip details
- Optional: Vegetarian lunch can be arranged in most cases. Please let us know in advance.
What's excluded :
- Pickup and drop-off in areas outside of Athens (additional cost)
- Excess luggage not allowed
- Boat return tickets to Hydra island (approximate €5 to €8 per person each way for Hydra)
- Site tickets: Corinth (8 EUR), Mycenae (12 EUR), Epidaurus (12 EUR), Palamidi fortress (8 EUR). All half price during off season (Nov 1st to March 31st)
- Cave of Lakes (9 EUR), Odontotos train (9.50 EUR)
- Shopping stops unless you wish to do so
- Entry/Admission - Odontotos rack railway Diakopto – Kalavrita
- Entry/Admission - Kastria Cave of the Lakes
- Entry/Admission - Ancient Corinth (Archaia Korinthos)
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Site Mycenae
- Entry/Admission - Palamidi Castle
- Entry/Admission - The Great Theatre of Epidaurus
Day 1: Peloponnese mountains
Stop At: Odontotos rack railway Diakopto – Kalavrita, Diakopto 250 03, Greece
About 120 years ago Odontotos rack railway started from the seaside town of Diakopto parallel to the river and climbed to Kalavrita through bridges and tunnels.
Since then the Vouraikos river and Odontotos go together.
The little train incorporated so well to the natural environment that it seems that it had always been there. The way it was constructed did not put a strain on the ecosystem of the gorge. Using stone and wood from the area the technicians' work is so perfect that someone may think that the nature worked on its own.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Kastria Cave of the Lakes, Kastria Greece
THE MYTHICAL 'CAVE OF THE LAKES' has something exclusively unique that does not exist in other well known caves. A rare creation of nature with mysterious galleries and strange stalactite formations.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ancient Corinth (Archaia Korinthos), Ancient Korinthos village, Corinth Greece
Ancient Corinth was inhabited in the Neolithic period (6500-3250 BC) but the big prosperity begins in the 8th century.
Corinth was a city-state on the Isthmus (canal) of Corinth, the narrow stretch of land that joins the Peloponnese to the mainland of Greece, roughly halfway between Athens and Sparta.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Corinth Canal, Isthmia, Corinth 201 00 Greece
The Corinth Canal connects the Gulf of Corinth with the Saronic Gulf in the Aegean Sea. It cuts through the narrow Isthmus of Corinth and separates the Peloponnese from the Greek mainland, arguably making the peninsula an island.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Ermioni, Ermioni, Argolis Region, Peloponnese
The "island" town of Ermioni is a peninsula with all the authenticity someone can look for. This is your base for the next 2 days and exploring on foot the town and dining out, is a MUST!
Duration: 5 hours
Accommodation included: Ermioni town opposite Hydra island: In a beautiful guest house with a balcony facing the Aegean and Hydra island.
Day 2: Mycenae - Nafplio Town - Epidaurus Theater
Stop At: Archaeological Site Mycenae, Mycenae 21200 Greece
Mycenae 'Rich in Gold', the kingdom of mythical Agamemnon, first sung by Homer in his epics, is the most important and richest palatial centre of the Late Bronze Age in Greece. Its name was given to one of the greatest civilizations of Greek prehistory, the Mycenaean civilization, while the myths related to its history have inspired poets and writers over many centuries
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Palamidi Castle, Eikostis Pemptis Martiou, Nafplio 211 00 Greece
Nafplio! The most beautiful city in Greece. Walk down the 999 steps and enjoy the amazing views of the water.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: The Great Theatre of Epidaurus, Ethniki Odos Isthmou Archaias Epidavrou, Epidavros 210 52 Greece
The oldest theater in the world with the amazing acoustics!
Duration: 2 minutes
Accommodation included: Same as Day1
Day 3: Hydra Island
Stop At: Hydra, Hydra, Saronic Gulf Islands, Attica
Visit the cosmopolitan island of Hydra; the hiding place of the rich and famous.
Duration: 6 hours
Accommodation included: Return to your base in Athens.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Any Athens hotel or Airbnb, the Athens airport, Piraeus and Nafplio port. Possible extra cost for some locations.Airports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A maximum of 7 related people per booking - Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Visit to Hydra island is done by yourselves as it is easy and very safe and also gives you some private time
- This is a private trip with private transport and a driver/tour leader
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- OUR PERSONAL view: We implemenet all the protocols of the local authorities such as masks, sanitizing, social distancing, but most of all common logic and flexibility to adjust to each situation. We also do temperature & oxygen checks if needed. Most of all, we are in favor of "adjustive social distancing" and exploring safely in the open that will provide more freedom and safety. We can still be social while maintaining our personal space/distance and following the local rules. Please decide on your holiday with your own criteria considering your health, tolerance to risk but don't go for a holiday that is not going to be worry-free!
- PROTOCOLS in place while COVID-19 effects the world: All our tours have always been private and social distancing is easy and not new to us. Μaximum number of passengers per car/minivan is revised by the local authorities according to the epidemiological situation but being family or friends is the key to safety. Regular temperature check for staff & visitors is available. Staff required to regularly wash hands. Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas. Individual toiletries and/or hand sanitizer is available to guests & staff and required to use at every stop & departure during each day. We care about health! We expect YOU to be healthy before traveling!
- OUR GUIDES ARE LIKE FAMILY TO US: They care about our safety A LOT! Our tours are PRIVATE and already what you would call safe! We are in the open, exploring with spotless cars, sites with natural “social distancing,” non-touristy hotels & tavernas, local people & communities with “zero” cases!
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Please carry your own masks with you, and be prepared to use them when required or when you feel that will provide you with extra safety.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.