3-Day Tour to the Black Sea and Danube Delta from Bucharest
The tour is perfect for those who want to escape from the hectic city to let the mind and body rest around stunning nature views in the places founded thousands of years ago with still preserved serene charm.
Firstly, you will be taken to Balchik, a resort area, which perfectly blends rich historical heritage, beauty and tranquility. The main highlight, Queen Maria’s Castle in Balchik is a place coming straight out of fairy-tale.
Next stop is at Constanta - a city by the Black Sea with a history going back to the 6th century B.C., nowadays, it is one of the main cultural and economic centers in Romania. Leaving Constanta behind, you will arrive in Tulcea - a city just next to the Danube Delta.
Danube Delta is home to a fascinating mix of cultures, people and wildlife.It is best explored by boat for the amazing opportunity to admire one of the largest bio-diversities in the world, during the boat trip you will also have a traditional fisherman lunch.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2x Breakfast
- 1x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- 2 nights accommodation in 4* hotels with breakfast included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Licensed English-speaking tour guide
- Boat trip on the Danube Delta
- Transportation by modern air-conditioned vehicle
- Technical assistance
- Entry/Admission - Danube Delta
What's excluded :
- Lunch & Dinner
- Photography & Video fees
- Entry/Admission - Palace and Botanical Gardens of Balchik
Day 1: Bucharest - Balchik (approx. 330 km)
Stop At: Balchik, Balchik, Dobrich Province
We shall start from Bucharest to Balchik, covering a distance of approximately 300 km. This small, but full of history, legends and breathtaking landscapes town, guarantees a perfect city break.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Palace and Botanical Gardens of Balchik, West of Town 2 km 1 Acad. Daki Yordanov Str., Balchik 9600 Bulgaria
Upon the arrival we will head to the Queen Maria’s of Romania Castle, one of the main attractions in the area, built on the queen’s order and representing her summer residence, as well as her favorite spot. The castle is a mixture of few architectural styles impresses with its modesty and splendid taste at the same time. It still preserves some of the original objects, including the queen’s belongings. From the balcony, one can admire a panoramic view of the sea and the town. The castle is also known as the ‘quiet nest’’, having a garden that copies the famous Cretan labyrinth, and looks like a piece of heaven on earth. It showcases over 3000 species of plants, including many exotic types like Europe’s second most important collection of large-sized cactuses. After the visit, you can enjoy the leisure time for the rest of the day and explore on your own the beautiful town of Balchik.
Duration: 4 hours
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Overnight at a 4* hotel in Balchik
Day 2: Balchik - Constanta - Tulcea (approx. 350 km)
Stop At: Constanta, Constanta, Constanta County, Southeast Romania
The second day, we shall leave from Balchik to Constanta. Constanta, the charming city by the Black Sea, is one of the oldest cities in Romania as well as one of the most important nowadays. You will discover the most memorable sites in the Old City: the Orthodox Cathedral, the Grand Mosque and the Archaeological Museum displaying the region`s rich history going back to the 6th century B.C.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Constanta Casino, Constanta Romania
From the Old City we will walk to the seafront quay dominated by the impressive Constanta Casino, an imposing piece of Art Nouveau architecture inaugurated in 1910 and the main symbol of the city.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Tulcea, Tulcea, Tulcea County, Southeast Romania
Following the visit to Constanta city, we shall head for Tulcea, where we are to discover the Danube Delta.
Accommodation included: Accommodation at a 4* hotel in Tulcea or Danube Delta Region
Day 3: Tulcea (Danube Delta) - Bucharest (approx. 290 km)
Stop At: Danube Delta, Tulcea Romania
After breakfast at the hotel, you will explore the best preserved of Europe`s deltas by boat. This amazing area, part of UNESCO World Heritage, consists of floating reed islands, forests, pastures and sand dunes that cover 3,000 square miles and is home to a fascinating mix of cultures, people, and wildlife. The area is a paradise for wildlife enthusiasts offering the chance to spot more than 300 species of birds and other animals.
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Bucharest, Bucharest
After the amazing experience, you will travel back to Bucharest with great photos and unique memories.
Duration: 4 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 participants is required to organise the tour.
- The company is not responsible for any delays caused by traffic or any other external conditions.
- Summer trip available from May till September including.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.