3-Day Trek of Sangay to El Altar and The Yellow Lagoon
This 3-day tour treks through Sangay to El Altar and Laguna Amarilla (Yellow Lagoon). Travel through Sangay National Park and spend two nights in the great outdoors. Here you will get a chance to camp at the base of El Altar and take a quick swim in the Yellow Lagoon before heading home. Our tour will include all required gear minus personal items and clothing.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2 nights accommodation (1 night refuge) + (1 night tent camping)
- Round-trip private transfer
- Basic camping meals
- Equipment (Backpack, Tent, Sleeping Bag, Sleeping Pad)
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- We'll start the 3-day tour with a pickup in Cuenca around 7am or unless otherwise scheduled.
We should arrive in Sangay National Park around 11am. Here we'll begin our journey to El Altar. Our goal will be to split the total hiking distance of 40 kilometers in these 3 days. After 13 kilometers we'll come to the refuge to prepare camp.
We'll push to the base of El Altar and Laguna Amarilla. It should take about 5 hours to get from the refuge to the base. Here we will be able to make camp for the night and take a swim in the yellow waters of the lagoon.
We will head all the way back past the refuge and to our starting location. Most of the return trip will be downhill descent going back to the parking area. Drop off times will vary by tour depending on the time we complete our hike and arrive back at the vehicle. We will proceed with drop-off as soon as we return to Cuenca.
Departure Point :Meeting point in Cuenca city
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum age is 8 years
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.