3-Day Trekking Trip to Valley of Flowers from Govind Ghat
The trek to this UNESCO world heritage site starts after a day-long road journey from Rishikesh, and goes through dense forests along with a river. The base village of the valley can be reached by crossing bridges and waterfalls in a 12 km walking path. Then there is VOF on a 4 km trek route and Hemkund Sahib (A Sikh Pilgrimage) on a 6 km different route.
The best time to visit is mid-June to September when the exotic Himalayan flora is blooming and giving the valley a heavenly colorful look.
The altitude for the valley is in the range of 3500 meters and Hemkund Sahib is 4200 meters.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 3x Breakfast
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- Camping/hotel Stay for 2 nights in trek
- Entry/Admission - Valley of Flowers National Park
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
Day 1: Trekking to the base village Ghangharia
Stop At: Ghangaria, Uttarakhand 246443, India
You will have to reach Joshimath a day before and we will visit the Gurudwara(Worship place of Sikhs). It is located on the banks of LaxmanGanga, a tributary to the Ganges. You can also stay at Gurudwara as they have boarding and lodging(free and paid too).
We will start early in the morning, trekking from Govindghat(near Joshimath) to reach the base village of Valley of Flowers; Ghangharia. The trek goes through lush green jungle, crosses river streams, and offers scenic waterfall views in the Himalayas.
In our trek we will stop for the tasty authentic Himalayan breakfast and energy drinks, and for lunch later.
We will camp at Ghangharia under the clear sky amidst natural scenary of mountains and glacier.
Duration: 1 day
Accommodation included: Camping at Ghangharia with mountain and glacier view
Day 2: Trekking to Valley
Stop At: Valley of Flowers National Park, 246443 India
The valley of flowers national park(UNESCO world heritage site) opens at 7 am and another 3 KM wonderful trek is from entry gate to the valley. The valley is blooming in the months of July-Aug-Sept and we will spend the day with hundreds types of flowers spread over miles.
Duration: 5 hours
Accommodation included: Camping at Ghangharia
Day 3: Trekking back to Govind ghat
Pass By: Govind Ghat, Uttarakhand 246443, India
Returning from the valley
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Govind Ghat, Uttarakhand 246443, India
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.