3 Days Best of Plovdiv and the Region
This tour is perfect for travelers who are doing city trip vacation to the Cultural Capital of Europe. Plovdiv is considered to be one of the oldest cities and it is keeping its heritage from all periods of human history. The itinerary is a good combination of history, archaeology, nature, wine, and nice intensive nightlife. You will be guided by a highly educated and professional guide, and transported with a modern comfortable vehicle.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2x Breakfast
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- Wine tasting on day 2
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees in the scheduled sites
- 2 Nights in Plovdiv old town
- Entry/Admission - Plovdiv Old Town
- Entry/Admission - Municipality Perushtitsa
- Entry/Admission - Assenova krepost (Asen's Fortress)
- Entry/Admission - Хижа "Чудните мостове"
What's excluded :
- Lunches and dinners
- Gratitudes to your guide
Day 1: Explore Plovdiv Old city
Stop At: Plovdiv Old Town, Plovdiv 4000 Bulgaria
We will be picked from Plovdiv or Sofia airport and transfer you to the historical part of Plovdiv. Our guide will give you an introduction to the cultural capital of Europe. You will check in your hotel in the historical part of Plovdiv and visit some of the main highlights - wealthy merchants houses from XIX century, the Roman theatre, the Roman stadium, 14th-century mosk, which gave the architect fashion in the whole Ottoman Empire, an old pharmacy and many more. Our guide will share all his knowledge about Plovdiv and Bulgaria with you. The evening you can spend in “The Trap” area, full of small restaurants and bars, serving good craft beers and wines.
Duration: 4 hours
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Overnight in 3* hotel in Plovdiv Old town
Day 2: Vucha reservoar, Devin path and wine tasting
Stop At: Municipality Perushtitsa, Перущица, ул. Отец Паисий 2, 4225 Perushtitsa, Bulgaria
After breakfast, you will visit one very interesting church, dated in the Late Antiquity, It is situated 20 kilometers from Plovdiv. After that, we will get in direction of the Rhodope Mountain. We pass a very beautiful and scenic road around some of the biggest water reserves in Bulgaria. You will enjoy the amazing nature by walking an eco path which will lead you to a beautiful waterfall. If your appetite has grown from the fresh air we will go to a restaurant to have lunch and enjoy the view from its terrace. In the afternoon we visit one of the best wine cellars in the South part of Bulgaria. Despite the good wines the place has very interesting owners and history. You will have a wine tasting and a guided tour inside the chateau. At the end of the day, we will get back to Plovdiv and enjoy the evening there.
Duration: 5 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight in 3* hotel in Plovdiv old town
Day 3: Asen's Fortress, Bachkovo monastery and the Wonder Bridges
Stop At: Assenova krepost (Asen's Fortress), Asenovgrad 4000 Bulgaria
This is the final day of your tour. After breakfast, we will check out our hotel and head to Asenovgrad, where we will visit a medieval fortress with a perfectly preserved church from the 13th century. The top of its fortifications will provide you with a spectacular view of the area.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Bachkovo Monastery, 10km south of Asenovgrad on the main road between Assenovgrad and Smolyan, Bachkovo 4251 Bulgaria
Our next objective is the second biggest monastery in Bulgaria - Bachkovo monastery. It is beautifully painted and exists since the 11th century. It is still an active place of worship. It is also the place where the heroes who saved the Jewish community in Bulgaria during the Second World War from being sent in the Nazi camps.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Хижа "Чудните мостове", 4877 Chepelare, Bulgaria
The rest of the day depends on your flight details. If you have to spend 1-2 hours more before catching a flight your guide will drive you the museum of the Bulgarian Airforce. It is an incredible place where you can see the evolution of military aircrafts, helicopters and etc.
If the time allows more you can reach a huge natural formation famous with the name “The Wonder Bridges” and admire the force of nature and time.
The transfer to the airport is included in the price. If you are not catching a flight our guide will drop you at the end of the day back in Plovdiv or in Sofia city/airport.
Duration: 3 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You can be picked up from a hotel/airport in Sofia or Plovdiv.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- We understand your concerns in relation to COVID 19, therefore we've taken the needed measures for you to feel safe. All our guides and drivers go through regular medical checks, wear masks during the tours and in each vehicle, we have a disinfectant spray. Furthermore due to the situation nowadays we organize tours only for small groups (up to 7 persons) and we have the option for private tours.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.