3 Days Desert Tour From Marrakech To Merzouga Dunes & Camel Ride
Explore The Moroccan Kasbahs :3 Day Erg Chebbi & Ait benhaddou Desert Tour.
Erg Chebbi is a dune field of about 22 Km from north to south and about 5 Km from east to west at the widest point. The highest dune, 884 m, is in the north. Among the dunes there are several oasis and you can easily get water just by digging a little. The trip to the oasis starts with a long route by road which is an experience itself geographically speaking, and also because of the numerous stops to cool down and get in contact with the people.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 3x Breakfast
- 3x Dinner
- 3x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 3 nights
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Camel ride on the dunes.
What's excluded :
- Travel insurance.
Day 1: Day 1 : Marrakech to Dades gorges Via Ait Benhaddou kasbah and Ourzazate over Night in Dades Gorges
Stop At: Ait Ben Haddou, Ait Ben Haddou, Souss-Massa
We Depart from Marrakech at 09h in a modern, air conditioned transportation. We travel over the Atlas mountains, enjoying the magnificent views of the surrounding countryside below and we visit the Kasbah of Ait Benhaddou. This journey takes approx 3h. From there, after our break, we continue to Ouarzazate (approx 1 hour or so) for lunch break & Sightseeing. Lunch is available in the local cafe's. After lunch, we continue along the route of The Dades Valley to reach our guesthouse where we will stay for the night. The guesthouse offers Private ensuite rooms and an evening meal and breakfast are included. (7hours drive )
Duration: 7 hours
Accommodation included: the good Hotel in Dades Gorges
Day 2: Day 2 :Dades Gorges to Merzouga via Todghra Gorges
Stop At: Merzouga, Merzouga, Meknes-Tafilalet Region
The next morning we continue along the Dades valley, visiting Dades Gorge, Todra, Todra Gorge and other interesting sites, making our way to Merzouga. At Merzouga we explore the village and meet our Camels who will take us for 1 and a half hours into the Dunes to reach our desert camp at Erg Chebbi. Each person rides their own Camel . The Camel trek is usually just prior to sunset, so that you may enjoy the sun setting over the landscape from the top of the Dunes. Once we arrive at the Desert camp, we are greeted with a cup of delicious hot minty tea and we spend the evening under the stars, on the dunes and beside the warmth of the fireside. We enjoy a locally cooked meal of Tagine or couscous (vegetarians are catered for with vegetable tagine), a drum party and story swapping. The camp has toilet facilities. Those that wish to can sleep directly under the stars, but there are Bivouacs for everyone. The stars in the desert are a great opportunity to see as their are no artificial
Duration: 6 hours
Accommodation included: luxury nomadic tent
Day 3: Day 3 :Merzouga to Marrakech
Stop At: Marrakech, Marrakech, Marrakech-Safi
Wake up early , just prior to sunrise, we have a 1h30 camel ride at sunrise to explore the area further and we head back to Merzouga on our Camels. When we reach Merzouga, have breakfast & have the opportunity to shower and then we begin our journey through the stony desert and over the Atlas mountains, with plenty of stops for photos, exploring and lunch as we return to Marrakech. The usual arrival time in Marrakech is between 17:00hrs and 18:00hrs. ( 10 hours drive)
Duration: 9 hours
Accommodation included: overnight in Marrakech
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
• You will be picked up from your accommodation in Marrakech city, many riads does not have access by car so the driver will park nearby and come to get you. • You will be droped off at the nearest point to your riad/hotel , our driver can call your riad to meet you if needed.Airports
- Menara Airport, Marrakech Morocco
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.