3 days Lao cai - Cao Son - Cao Son market - Sapa - Lao cai
This tour is perfectly designed to provide tourists an opportunity to enjoy the beauty of many highlights in Lao Cai. You will visit and explore Cao Son which is considered the most stunning area of Lao Cai Province with lovely weather, spectacular landscapes and distinctive cultural values of local hill tribes. In addition, you will visit famous traditional markets, learn and engage in the local life, enjoy their traditional dishes.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2x Breakfast
- 2x Dinner
- 3x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- Accommodation based on double/twin sharing with breakfast
- Boat on Chay River (if any)
- English speaking guide as mentioned on the program
- Entrance fee as mentioned in the program
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Cao Son Market
- Entry/Admission - Ta Phin Village
What's excluded :
- Any services not mentioned in the program
- Drinks, other meals, TIP and personal expenses
Day 1: Lao cai - Cao Son (Must be on Tuesday)
Stop At: Muong Khuong, Muong Khuong, Lao Cai Province
start the tour by driving to Muong Khuong district. En route, you will have the chance to enjoy the spectacular beauty of tea plantation and green lush pine forest. In addition, you will see a hill tribe ethnic group of Giay people in their colorful traditional dress in Ban Lau or Thanh Binh.
At 10.00 am, you will arrive at Cao Son, check in Cao Son lodge and relax before continuing the afternoon adventure.
In the afternoon, you start the program by walking to a peaceful village named Tin Thang. You will enter the village and explore the life of the locals there. You will see and learn about the traditional way of making bacon, enjoy the corn wine and corn cake offered by the locals
Duration: 2 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight at homestay in the village
Day 2: Cao Son Market – Sapa (Must be on Wednesday)
Stop At: Cao Son Market, Cao Son, Muong Khuong, Lao Cai 19000 Vietnam
Cao Son market is the smallest one in the area. It is surrounded by pine tree forests and villages.
Upon your arrival here, you will be taken to stroll around and explore the market. Coming here, you will not only see different ethnic minority people in their colourful traditional dress, such as H’mong, Black Dao, Tay, Nung ethnic minorities, but also see a wide range of products such as food and material for agriculture and fabric sold by the locals. In addition, you may be greeted with endless hospitality and invited by the Flower Hmong people to enjoy a cup of corn wine.
Leaving the market, you will continue the tour by visiting a village of Flower H’mong or a village of Tay people.
After that, you will be transferred back to Muong Khuong to enjoy lunch in a local restaurant. After lunch, you get on the car to back to Sapa. The tour ends.
Duration: 2 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight at Bamboo hotel (3-star) or similar
Day 3: Sapa - Ta Phin - Mong sen - Lao Cai (Must be on Thursday)
Stop At: Ta Phin Village, Ta Phin, Sapa Vietnam
The third-day itinerary will start by travelling to Taphin village where Red Dao and Black Hmong people are living. Here, you can observe the unmixed cultural life of Black Hmong and Red Dao minorities, 2 largest ethnic groups in the area. They live happily together while maintaining their own tradition from generation to generation. You will walk along the lanes to see and visit local houses. Your will be interested in the unique architectural styles and furniture arrangement in these houses as well as their handicraft products.
Leaving the village, you will climb downhill on a dirt trail through a mountainous area. On the way, you will have opportunity to enjoy stunning views over the spectacular rice terraces and corn fields. Don’t forget to keep your camera handy to capture these fantastic images. You will stop to have lunch at a nice spot.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Lao Cai, Lao Cai, Lao Cai Province
After lunch and a short rest, you will continue the tour by trekking down the hill to reach Mong Sen where a car is waiting to drive you back to Lao Cai station. Here, you will catch a nice train back to Hanoi.
Duration: 1 hour
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.