3-hour Glacier Hike on Sólheimajökull
A short and easy Glacier Walk tour from Sólheimajökull glacier in South Iceland is a great way to experience the Icelandic glaciers. On this tour you spend about an hour on the ice itself exploring all the interesting features it has to offer as such as stunning ice formations, crevasses and water cauldrons.
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of glacier equipment - Harness, crampons, ice axe and a helmet
- Certified glacier guide
What's excluded :
- Hiking boots
- Rain gear
You will meet your glacier guide in our Sólheimajökull Base Camp. After being fitted with a climbing harness, crampons and equipped with an ice ax, we will head up to the Sólheimajökull outlet glacier. The glacier walk starts with an introduction on how to walk and travel on glaciers and how to use the equipment you have been provided with. When everyone is ready and comfortable, the guide will lead you through the frozen wonderland if blue ice, glacial fomrations and deep crevasses.
• Solheimajokull Glacier, Vik Iceland
Departure Point :Sólheimajökull glacier parking lot, Sólheimajökulsvegur, Iceland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please bring good, hiking shoes (high on the ankle), warm and waterproof clothing, hat and gloves.
- A small amount of walking is involved (about an hour on the glacier itself, with multiple stops)
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.