3-Hour Private Gastronomic and Cultural Cadiz Walking Tour
On this private 3-hour walking tour of Cadiz, why not try the traditional tasty Tapas in the historical center of Cadiz along with a cultural walking tour?
Discovered by the Phoenicians nearly three thousand years ago, Cadiz has been fought over, conquered and settled upon by many different civilizations each introducing their own cultures making Cadiz an important region throughout its history.
The food, the culture, and the traditions introduced makes for an unusual mix, from the Romans to the Greeks, the Arabs, Jews and finally to the Catholics who all have left their most distinctive mark here.
We will walk around this ancient city admiring the sights of the Cathedral of Cadiz, San Sebastian and Santa Catalina castles.
The gastronomic sightseeing tour will include 3 different Tapas bars, where you will be able to taste the distinctive and exquisite flavors of what makes the cuisine of Cadiz so special, and of course, to top it all off the delicious local wines.
per adult from
What's included :
- 3 Tapas and 3 drinks and official private local guide
What's excluded :
- Gratuities and other expenses.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cadiz, Cadiz, Costa de la Luz, Andalucia
The city of Cadiz is situated on a peninsula pushing itself out into the bay of Cadiz. It is nearly almost completely surrounded by water.
Named after the Phoenicians Gadir, who founded Cadiz as a trading post during 1100 BC. It was later controlled by the Carthaginians, and the became a thriving Roman port. During the Visigoths and Moors, It sank into oblivion, but then attained great splendor in the early part of the 16th century as a maritime port for the journey to the newly founded lands of America.
Sir Francis Drake of England, raided this important area in the struggle to gain complete control of this trade route to the New World, and withstood a fierce siege by Napoleon's army.
During the early part of the 19th century, Cadiz became the center and bastion of Spain's anti-monarchist liberal movement,and as a result, the Spain's first Constitution was declared here in 1812.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Ayuntamiento De Cádiz, Plaza Argüelles, 2, 11004 Cádiz, Spain
Traveler pickup is offered
From the town hall in Cadiz city and Cadiz cruise port.Stating times can flexible to suit your needsPorts
- 11001 Cádiz, Spain
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.