3-Hour Sea Kayak Tour in the San Juan Islands
We are the only kayak tour company that is currently able to lead trips to Burrows Island. You will be exploring unique shorelines that few visitors to the islands are able to experience.
Save time, and save money!
The experience does not require the hassles of taking a ferry to San Juan Island. Anacortes, located on Fidalgo Island has two bridges connecting us to the mainland.
Because you are able to drive directly to us your time on the water is maximized. Many tour companies on other islands include a lengthy shuttle ride as a part of their trip thereby reducing the actual time spent kayaking and encountering wildlife.
Single kayaks are available for participants for an additional $25pp. Must be 18 years or older. (Must be requested in advance and is subject to availability.)
Professionally trained guides will see to the details and ensure your comfort.
per adult from
What's included :
- Includes all sea kayaking equipment, life jackets, and safety gear.
- All Fees and Taxes
- Professionally trained guide
What's excluded :
- Bottled water - Please bring enough water to keep you comfortable.
- Sun protection (sunglasses, hat, sunscreen)
- Personal clothing for the weather. (We do have some loaner jackets and sweaters)
- $25pp for additional participants
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: San Juan Islands, Washington, USA
In 2013 the San Juan Islands National Monument was created. It is a unique area consisting of over 450 islands and countless rocks and reefs. What makes the San Juan Islands National Monument so special is the outstanding scenery and incredible diversity of animal species, all located in relative proximity to major population centers in both Canada and Washington State.
Kayaking in the San Juan Islands is perhaps the best way to get an intimate look at what the place has to offer. You are traveling at a walking pace and so it is easy to notice the details more clearly. Your guides are familiar with the area and love to help you spot interesting sea life, as well as tell stories of the rich cultural history of this little corner of the Pacific Northwest.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Burrows Island, Washington 98221, USA
After a brief kayaking lesson, you and your professional guide will depart from our custom-built kayak docks and paddle out into Burrows Bay. The wildlife encounters often begin right in the marina, with our resident seals popping up to say hello.
Most trips will circumnavigate Burrows Island, one of three small islands located just offshore. On the west side of the island is the historic Burrows Island Lighthouse, and the magnificent Rosario Strait.
The Salish Sea boasts the most dense population of Harbor seals in the world and there are abundant seals around Burrows island. In the summer months, the seal population swells as the pupping season gets underway, giving us fun sightings of these cute little babies.
The narrow passages between Burrows Island and Allan Island are also the best place to see Harbor porpoise in Washington State. Keep your eyes open, as we sometimes encounter families of Orca whales that ply these waters in search of prey!
As you make your way around the island the views across the sea reveal the Olympic Mountain and the gorgeous scenery of the San Juan Islands surrounds you.
The islands of Burrows Bay are uniquely situated off the beaten path. Once you are out near the islands you will not encounter many other people, creating a peaceful and authentic San Juan Islands experience.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: San Juan Islands, San Juan Islands, Washington
The beauty of the San Juan Islands is one of the top draws for tourism in Washington State. Join us as we paddle out to one of the most beautiful of the uninhabited islands and explore its shorelines!
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Anacortes, Anacortes, Fidalgo Island, Washington
Our lovely seaside town is worth spending some time exploring. Make sure to ask our staff about the Anacortes Community Forestlands. With over 40 miles of forested trails, hidden lakes, and epic views, it is not to be missed!
Duration: 1 day
Stop At: Fidalgo Island, Fidalgo Island, Washington
With three bridges connecting us to the mainland, we are the only island in the San Juan Islands that you can drive directly to. The convenience and beauty of Fidalgo Island makes it a perfect destination for travelers looking to make the most of their Washington State vacation.
Duration: 1 day
Departure Point :2009 Skyline Way, Anacortes, WA 98221, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Participants over 265 pounds may not be comfortable in the kayaks for the duration of the trip. Please call if you have questions.
- The kayaks can accommodate people up to 6 feet, 5 inches. If you have very long legs then please call before booking.
- Participants under 18 years old must be accompanied by a legal guardian.
- If you have children under 6 years old then please call before booking so that we can be sure to put you on an appropriate departure.
- DUE TO COVID-19 WE CANNOT PLACE STRANGERS INTO TANDEM KAYAKS TOGETHER. IF YOU ARE A SOLO TRAVELER THEN YOU WILL NEED TO BE FIT ENOUGH TO PADDLE YOUR OWN SINGLE KAYAK. Please call with questions or concerns.
- If you have serious medical conditions then please consult with your physician before signing up.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Due to Covid-19 we are unable to place strangers into kayaks together. If you are a solo traveler then you will need to be prepared to paddle in a single kayak (a little more tippy, and slightly more work because you are alone). Odd-numbered groups will likely us a triple kayak.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.