3-Hour Sea Turtle Snorkeling Experience in Byron Bay
Snorkel Byron Bay’s Julian Rocks Marine Reserve. Julian Rocks is one of the few snorkel sites where you can swim with tropical species found on the Great Barrier Reef as well as animals from Australia’s deep Southern Ocean. Here the reserve is home to three different species of sea turtle, an assortment of rays including mantas, hard and soft corals, friendly wobbegong sharks and over four hundred different species of fish. All of this is only a five-minute boat ride from Byron Bay. A snorkel trip to Julian Rocks Marine Reserve takes three hours from start to finish, with an hour in the water snorkeling and includes the boat ride, equipment hire (mask, snorkel, fins and wet suit) and a free snorkel lesson (if required). Whilst snorkeling you are supervised by qualified dive staff who will ensure you get the most from your trip to Julian Rocks Marine Reserve. You will be amazed by the diversity and color found in the clear shallow waters.
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of snorkel equipment (mask, snorkel, fins, wet suit)
- Lockers for your valuables and bags
- Free snorkel lesson before the tour in our onsite swimming pool
- Boat transfers
- Bottled water on board the vessel
What's excluded :
- Parking fee for public parking in Byron Bay
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Join us for a snorkel tour at Julian Rocks Marine Reserve within the Cape Byron Marine Park.
Meet us at our purpose built dive centre in the heart of Byron Bay, where you will complete pre-tour paperwork, watch a detailed tour briefing, be fitted for your snorkel equipment and complete a free snorkel lesson in our on site pool (if required). We will then transport you to our launch site and it is then only a short 5-10 minute boat ride to Julian Rocks, keep an eye out for dolphins and whales (when in season).
Your snorkel will be guided by one of our friendly snorkel guides, who will point out all the amazing marine life to you, such as turtles, wobbegong sharks, rays and many different species of fish. After your snorkel we will bring you back to the dive centre, where there are hot showers. Storage lockers are available for your valuables and bags for the duration of the tour.
• Byron Bay Dive Centre, 9 Marvell St, Byron Bay, New South Wales 2481 Australia
Departure Point :Byron Bay Dive Centre, 9 Marvell St, Byron Bay NSW 2481, Australia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative date and time or full refund.
- Not recommended for participants with serious medical conditions.
- Not recommended for participants with back problems.
- All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to snorkeling. Some pre-existing medical conditions may prevent you from snorkeling, please consult your doctor.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date and time or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.