3 Hours Jewish Tour in St. Petersburg
What do we know about Jewish history and traditions except for eternal persecution and traditional kosher food? We offer you to dive into the history of one of the most ancient peoples of the world, visit the Synagogue, learn the traditions, customs and specifics of “Jewish” St. Petersburg!
You will find out when the first Jews arrived in Petersburg, who are the “apostates” and “cantonists”, who were the representatives of the Jewish people that had a great influence on the history of the city on the Neva river, where exactly the tempestuous life of the Jewish community took place in Petersburg and what problems they had.
You will see the Center of Jewish Culture, the First School and the first Jewish almshouse, the Jewish Baths, but the main purpose of the tour will be a visit to the Choral Synagogue.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional licensed guide -3 hours
- omfortable vehicle with A/C and driver service- 3 hours (for car tour)
- Unique author’s route
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Grand Choral Synagogue, Lermonovskiy Prospekt 2, St. Petersburg 190121 Russia
The Grand Choral Synagogue of St. Petersburg is the 2nd largest synagogue in Europe and has a fascinating history. It now stands as a testament to the perseverance of the Jewish community in St Petersburg to finally have their own place of worship, and a most beautiful one at that. ... Present Times. Today the Great Choral Synagogue of St Petersburg is a registered landmark and an architectural monument of federal importance as well as, of course, an important cultural center for the Jewish community in St Petersburg. The Synagogue runs several schools and is involved in charitable works such as a Yeshiva that dispenses cheap meals to Jewish pensioners.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Pulkovo Airport, St. Petersburg Russia
- Marine Facade
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.