3 Lakes Cave
A 4 hour or more tour into this no known ending cave. This cave is a dry cave with many chambers. swimming in the lakes is an option for you. This tour is an intense activity level.
What to bring:
• packed breakfast and/or lunch
• bottled water and/or snacks
• swimwear, towels and extra dry clothes if you intend to swim
What to wear:
• comfortable clothing and running/hiking shoes
per adult from
What's included :
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks for an additional charge
- Hotel pickup and drop-off within San Ignacio can be arranged for an additional cost of $10 USD per person
- This large cave, set deep in the jungle outside of San Jose Succotz, Belize, is for the hardcore adventurer. It literally has no end in sight (experts haven’t discovered it yet)! It features huge stalactite formations, Mayan ceramics, three lakes, and a breath-taking skylight view. It is believed that the ancient Mayans used this cave to access the underworld and that their gods and deities that resided there. The evidence has shown that the Mayans used this cave from the Early Preclassic, 1400-900 BC, until the Post Classic, mid-1500. It is also believed that this cave could possibly be part of a network that connects to the nearby site, Xunantunich. Come explore the Three Lakes Cave and be awed by such a rich, vivid history that is still present today!
This tour is approximately 4 hours or more. This 3 Lakes cave tour takes place right in this beautiful 300-acre adventure park in Cayo just 10 minutes from the famous Xunantunich Mayan ruin. This tour includes entrance fee and a professional licensed tour guide.
Purple Mayan Tours offers hotel pickup/drop-off for an additional charge. If you’d like to arrange transportation, please contact our team for transportation arrangements.
Departure Point :Cave World Adventures, 1 Minhocão Trail, San Jose Succotz, Belize
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.