3hrs ATV Plus Horseback Waterfall COMBO Tour
Combine a serene morning with an adrenaline-pumping afternoon!
This Horseback Waterfall Tour is perfect for new and novice riders, the unhurried outing winds along rainforest trails dense with tropical flora. Your guide points out some native plants, encouraging you to breathe in the sweet scents of lemon and mango leaves.
An exclusive horse adventure, trail riding through a pristine rainforest creates indelible memories of your visit to Costa Rica.
Our 3 Hours ATV Tour takes you through the mountainous landscape that backs Jacó Beach. Tear along trails through primary rainforest to spots with sweeping vistas across the Pacific coast stretching south to Manuel Antonio Park and north to the port of Puntarenas. This tour also stops at a towering waterfall that empties into a natural swimming pool where you can take a 15-foot leap from a rock platform. On the descent back to town, loop along the edge of Carara National Park.
per adult from
What's included :
- All equipment
- Bottled water
- Waterfalls entrance
- Transportation (Jaco & Los Suenos area only)
- Bilingual animal handler and guides
- Fresh fruit
- Entry/Admission - Catarata Bijagual
- Entry/Admission - Adventure Tours Costa Rica
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jaco District, Jaco District, Garabito Municipality, Province of Puntarenas
The 3 Hours ATV Tour begins in the mountains directly behind Jacó, and continues roughly half the distance to the peak of the mountain to a beautiful 35ft. waterfall (Cascada del Zorro) – a perfect spot to get a little wet and take some photos.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Catarata Bijagual, Jaco, Garabito Municipality Costa Rica
After the brief stop, we continue up through primary rainforest and above the canopy to the top of the mountain range.
Just beyond the crest of the mountain lies a beautiful mirador offering views of the ocean playing against sands as far south as Manuel Antonio Park, as far west as the Nicoya Peninsula, and as far north as the port city of Puntarenas.
Continuing along the mountain tops and through the rainforest, you arrive at the second, incredible waterfall of your tour with us - the exciting Pura Vida waterfall. Surrounded by lush rainforest and crested by a natural rock platform, thrill-seeking adventurers may jump over 15 feet down into the crisp, refreshing waterfall pool below. The sounds of rushing water, coupled with the call of exotic birds combine to make this visit to the Pura Vida Falls a truly Costa Rican experience that you will remember for years to come.
To end the tour, we ride the loop that takes us right to the edge of the famous Carara National Park, and then begin our decent back to Adventure Tours in Jaco.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Adventure Tours Costa Rica, Al Frente Subway Restaurante, Av. Pastor Díaz Local 1, Provincia de Puntarenas, Jacó, Costa Rica
Your Horseback Waterfall tour begins with a pick-up in our main office in Jaco area.A drive of about 15 minutes transports you to a lush oasis spread across 80 private acres of untouched natural beauty. Home to some of the region’s best-kept horses, you meet your steed at the ranch. After some safety instruction with an experienced guide, you set off for a relaxed ride.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Herradura, Herradura, Jaco District, Garabito Municipality, Province of Puntarenas
Perfect for new and novice riders, the unhurried outing winds along rainforest trails dense with tropical flora. Your guide points out some native plants, encouraging you to breathe in the sweet scents of lemon and mango leaves. The guide also educates on the transitional forest’s important place in the local ecosystem.
But not only humans and horses reside in the rich rainforest. As you trot along, you’re apt to pass white-faced monkeys romping through the treetops as rainbow-feathered scarlet macaws and yellow-billed toucans soar through the air. Keep an eye out for colorful dart frogs and iguanas perched in the trees.
You dismount to the soft sound of cascading water in the distance. A short walk reveals a secluded triple waterfall that empties into a natural swimming pool. Should you leap from the rock platform or plunge down a natural slide? Why not both? After a refreshing swim under the falling water, you mount up and ride back to the ranch where you’re greeted with a bounty of fresh tropical fruit.
An exclusive horse adventure, trail riding through a pristine rainforest creates indelible memories of your visit to Costa Rica!
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Adventure Tours Costa Rica, Al Frente Subway Restaurante, Av. Pastor Díaz Local 1, Provincia de Puntarenas, Jacó, Costa Rica
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- No children under 5 years old
- Weight limit: 260 lbs. per rider
- Recommended: Swimsuits - Waterproof sunscreen - Sunglasses - Camera -Comfortable clothing - Tight-fitting hat with brim (ball-cap, etc.) Closed-toed shoes (sneakers, etc.)
- No flip flops, sandals, or open-toed shoes
- ATV drivers must be 16 years of age or older with a valid driver's license
- Unlicensed participants and children under 16 must ride as passengers
- The number of ATV passengers in your group may not outnumber the ATV drivers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Bring a Visa or MC credit card for the damage deposit
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.