4-Day Private Guided Tour to Thimphu and Paro from Kathmandu
In this 4 days private package you will fly from Kathmandu to Paro Airport on Druk Air. Enjoy the amazing Himalayan flight, explore Paro market, visit National Museum, Paro Rinpung Dzong, Memorial Chorten and National Library.
A lot of activities and places to see that will make your journey in Buthan unforgettable.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 3x Breakfast
- 3x Dinner
- 3x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 3 nights
- Airfare from Kathmandu to Paro and Return
- Private vehicles
- Government taxes, permits, sightseeing entrance fees
- Bhutan Visa Fee
- English speaking Tour guide
- Entry/Admission - Tashichho Dzong (Thimpu Dzong)
What's excluded :
- Airport Departure Tax.
- Bar bills and laundry.
- Travel insurance including evacuation.
- Tips for guides/staffs
- Entry/Admission - National Handicrafts Emporium
- Entry/Admission - National Museum of Bhutan
- Entry/Admission - Rinpung Dzong
Day 1: Paro to Thimphu (2300m)
Stop At: Paro, Paro, Paro District
You will be flown to Paro, Bhutan. Enjoy the scenic view of the Himalayan range. Upon arriving at Paro International Airport Bhutan, The land of the dragon, you will be greeted by your guide.
Stop At: Paro River, Paro Bhutan
You will be driven to Thimpu, through Paro valley. Do not miss out the silvery Pa Chu (Paro River) meandering its way through the thick forested ravine, the Paro Dzong (fortress) and Ta Dzong (watch tower).
Stop At: Tashichho Dzong (Thimpu Dzong), Chhagchhen Lam, Thimphu Bhutan
Later in the afternoon, we will visit Tashicho Dzong which is a beautiful fortress and monastery which houses the Secretariat building, King’s Throne room and other government’s offices. It is also the summer residence of chief abbot or spiritual leader Je-Khenpo.
Stop At: National Handicrafts Emporium, Norzin Lam, Thimphu Bhutan
We can visit the Handicrafts Emporium to see or buy a wide assortment of beautifully hand-woven and crafted products including the famous traditional thangkha paintings.
Accommodation included: 3* accommodation -Twin Sharing
Hotel Riverview, Thimphu
Day 2: Thimphu Sightseeing
Stop At: Thimphu, Bhutan
Thimpu is the capital of Bhutan. It has approximately 90,000 people and a very much laid back town. The wide streets that are lined by trees give you a relaxed feel.
Stop At: Thimphu Chorten (Memorial Chorten), Thimphu Bhutan
Early in the morning we will take a 15 minute guided walk to the Memorial Chorten. The shrine was built in the memory of the late king, Jigme Dorji Wangchuk, who has wished to built the monument to world peace and prosperity.
Many Bhutanese will stop by here every day to pray. Memorial Chorten is continuously circumambulated by people, murmuring mantras and spinning their prayer wheels.
Accommodation included: 3* accommodation - hotel, Thimphu
Day 3: Thimphu – Paro
Stop At: Paro, Paro, Paro District
After breakfast, we will drive west via dochula pass 3080 m, weather permitting we will enjoy the Bhutan Himalaya peaks above 7000 mts.
Stop At: National Museum of Bhutan, Paro, Bhutan
Upon reaching Paro we will visit Ta Dzong, once a watchtower, built to defend Rinpung Dzong during inter-valley wars of the 17th century, Ta Dzong was inaugurated as Bhutan’s National Museum in 1968.
Stop At: Rinpung Dzong, Paro Bhutan
Afterwards, we can walk down a hillside trail to visit Rinpung Dzong. Built in 1646 by Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyal , the first spiritual and temporal ruler of Bhutan, the Dzong houses the monastic body of Paro, the office of the Dzongda (district administrative head) and Thrimpon (judge) of Paro district
Accommodation included: 3* accommodation hotel in Paro.
Day 4: Drive to Paro airport for onward flight to Kathmandu
Stop At: Kathmandu, Kathmandu, Kathmandu Valley, Bagmati Zone, Central Region
After early breakfast at the hotel drive to Paro airport for your sensational take-off and scenic Himalayan flight past Chomolhari, Bhutan’s second highest peak.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Alpine Hotel & Apartment, Chaksibari Marg, Opp Manang Hotel, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Traveler pickup is offered
We will Meet our customers at Alpine Hotel and Apartment, which is located in Thamel, Kathmandu . Else we will pick them up from their Location if they stay inside Kathmandu ( Thamel ) or We meet them at Paro Airport. Airports
- Tribhuvan Airport, Kathmandu Nepal
- Paro International Airport, Airport Road Paro, Paro 12001, Bhutan
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.