4 Days Chitlang Village Homestay Community Hike
Chitlang is completely an exotic and rare destination for many visitors which is culturally richer by the settlements of ancient Newar, Tamang, and Khas tribes of people. It lies towards the northern part of Kathmandu valley.
Chitlang is just 27 km away from Kathmandu Valley, which takes around 2-3 hours drive in local transportation. This tour offers you to observe the culture of friendly Tamang people, their cultures and traditions, and day-to-day lifestyle. As you approach the village, you will be invited to live with one of the families. There, you will be warmly welcomed by with their special dish and greetings. The food will be delicious. You will be no different than a member of the same family. You will be truly amazed by the hospitality of the inhabitants. The accommodation will be simple and comfortable with clean toilet facilities.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 3x Breakfast
- 2x Dinner
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 3 nights
- Airport Pick Up and Drop off
- A private professional local guide.
- Local Transportation to and from Chitlang
- Entry/Admission - Chitlang homestay village
- Entry/Admission - Thamel
What's excluded :
- International Flight from Home-Kathmandu-Home.
- Lunch and Dinner at Kathmandu.
- All personal expenses.
- Tipping your guide
- Entry/Admission - Tribhuvan International Airport
Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu
Pass By: Tribhuvan International Airport, Ring Rd, काठमाडौँ 44600, Nepal
Our airport representative will be receiving you at Tribhuvan International Airport. You will be then transferred to your respective hotel in our private tourist vehicle.
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Overnight at 3-star Boutique hotel in Kathmandu, at Dom Himalaya Hotel or similar property.
Day 2: Drive to Chitlang
Stop At: Chitlang homestay village, F180, Chitlang 44100, Nepal
We take an early morning drive to Godam Chok and take a light hike to Chitlang via Gurju Dhara. You will be warmly invited by the local inhabitants of Chitlang village and will be welcomed by their favorite dish. At the afternoon, we will explore Naspati Garden and first goat cheese factory in Nepal with Bhairab Temple. During the evening we walk around the settlements of Newar people and Chaitya Satdhara. Overnight at Chitlang Homestay. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner included.
Duration: 4 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight at a simple and comfortable homestay.
Day 3: Explore Satdhara and Indra Sarovar Lake and drive back to Kathmandu
Stop At: Thamel, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal
We wake up early and have a delicious breakfast at local homestay sitting with local people. Then, head to explore the Satdhara and walk around the jungle with the local guide. We will then explore Indra Sarovar Lake via Goat Farming field. We enjoy our moment boating for some time and then after lunch, we will drive back to Kathmandu.
Duration: 7 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight at a standard 3-star Boutique Hotel, Dom Himalaya Hotel or similar property.
Day 4: Farewell
Stop At: Tribhuvan International Airport, Ring Rd, काठमाडौँ 44600, Nepal
Today we say our final goodbye. Our representative will come to see you off at the airport. Hoping you had a pleasant and wonderful trekking experience we bid you goodbye.
Duration: 1 hour
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your point of interest. Any hotels inside Kathmandu Valley.Ports
- Tribhuvan International Airport
Departure Time :8:15 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.