4 Days Sahara Desert Tour from Fez to Marrakech
A 4-day trip to Merzouga Desert is
ideal for travelers who arrive in Fez and return home from Marrakech. As well as visiting these two incredible former Imperial Cities, you will discover the stunning Sahara Desert.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private multi day tour, for you, your family and friends.
- Pick up service from your hotel, riad, airport or from where you want.
- Transportation by 4x4 or Comfortable Vehicle.
- English speaking Driver.
- Three nights accommodation with dinner and breakfast.
- Fuel, tolls and other similar costs.
- Camel ride to the desert camp.
What's excluded :
- 1: Fez – Ifrane – Azrou – Erfoud – Merzouga
Your Driver will collect you from your hotel bright and early and you will set off to Merzouga, crossing the Middle Atlas and its beautiful cedar forests, home to the friendly barbary apes.On the way, you will traverse the small village of Ifrane, popularly known as “Morocco’s Little Switzerland”, one of the most exclusive ski resorts in Morocco. Then, you will drive through Azrou, one of the most famous Berber towns in the country.
Afterwards, cross the Ziz Valley and its jagged gorges until you get to Midelt and Erfoud. From the last village, take a dirt road to Merzouga, a charming village on the edge of the desert.
You will spend the first night in a hotel near the dunes.
Day 2: Enjoying the Erg Chebbi dunes
Spend the whole second day exploring the spectacular Merzouga Desert. Plow through the golden-colored dunes on a 4x4, visit nomad hamlets, admire beautiful oases and walk along the famous Erg Chebbi dunes.
Next, visit the little village of Khamlia, where the Gnawa live. The Gnawa population are descents of Central African slaves and are famous across the world for their beautiful folk music that combines classic Islamic Sufism with their traditions.
In the evening you will be driven back to your hotel where camels will be waiting for you to take you into the heart of the dunes to spend a night in a Berber tent.
Day 3: Merzouga – Todgha Gorge – Ouarzazate
Wake up in the dark and sit on top of a dune to witness a breath-taking sunrise. Afterwards, climb back on a camel and return to the small village of Merzouga, where you will have breakfast and a refreshing shower (depending on the type of camp, your breakfast and shower might be before the camel ride). On your way to Ouarzazate you will drive past Rissani and Tafilalet, where the Alaouite dynasty of Morocco are originally from. Next, you will head to the impressive Todgha Gorge, in the Dades Valley, situated in the centre of the High Atlas Mountains.
Leave Dades Valley behind and take the route of the thousand kasbahs, admiring along the way the Valley of the Roses and Skoura’spalm grove. Finally, you will reach Ouarzazate, where you will spend the night.
Day 4: Ouarzazate – Ksar of Ait-Ben-Haddou – Marrakech
After a filling breakfast, you will be driven to the Ksar of Ait-Ben-Haddou, one of the most famous fortified cities in the world. Numerous films have been set in this charming location, including Gladiator. You will walk into the ruins of the kasbah to discover its rich history and secrets.
On our way to Marrakech, you will cross a valley full of almond trees and the picturesque Berber hamlets: Amerzgane, Agouim and Ighrem. Climb up into the depths of the Atlas through Tizi n'Tichka mountain port, 2.260 meters high, and stop to eat a traditional Moroccan meal at Tadart.
After lunch, hop back into the car and return to Marrakech.
Departure Point :Fes City
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Marrakech
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.