4 Days Trekking Simien Mountains
This 4-day trek in the Simien Mountains takes you to the highlights of the Simien Mountains National Park.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 3x Breakfast
- 4x Dinner
- 4x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 4 nights
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Sankaber Simien Mountains National Park
- Entry/Admission - Simien Mountains National Park
- Entry/Admission - Imet Gogo
What's excluded :
- Domestic Flight Fees
- Alcoholic Beverages
Day 1: Fly Addis to Gondar
Stop At: Sankaber Simien Mountains National Park, Sankabar, Ethiopia
Depart early in the morning from your hotel to take an early flight to Gondar and drive to Sankaber. We will stop along the way to handle park fees, etc. If you like, we can drop you in or around Buyit Ras for a 3-4 hour hike to Sankaber, which passes close to the escarpment edge. Nearing Sankaber, you will have beautiful views on both sides of the escarpment ridge and where you will likely see the endemic Gelada baboons. In Sankaber, you will be met with your supplies.
Duration: 8 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight camping in Sankaber
Day 2: Sankaber - Geech
Stop At: Simien Mountains National Park, Ethiopia
From Sankaber, depart into a valley, through which the Wazla (or Koba) River runs. (This river is often dry). Coming out of the valley you will have views of the Jinbar River waterfalls falling into the Geech Abyss. Continuing along, you will cross the Jinbar River and ascend into the village of Geech.
Duration: 5 hours
Accommodation included: overnight camping at Geech
Day 3: Geech - Chenek
Stop At: Imet Gogo, Ethiopia
After an early breakfast, depart from Geech to the peak of Imet Gogo at 3926m. Here you’ll have spectacular views over the lowlands – one of the highlights of the trip. As you continue to Chenek, you will pass Korbete Metia, a solid rock wall which opens up exposing beautiful views over the lowlands and the escarpment. This is also a good place for spotting lammergeiers.
Duration: 9 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight camping in Chenek
Day 4: Chenek - Gondar - Addis
Stop At: Simien NP Chennek, Ethiopia
From Chenek, continue east up a valley to Bwahit Peak, overlooking the camp from where you just came. After the visit, return to Gondar for a late flight to Addis and there will be a farewell dinner in one of the City's traditional restaurant.
Duration: 9 hours
Accommodation included: departure
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Bole Airport, Addis Ababa Ethiopia
- Gondar Airport, Unnamed Road, Azezo, Ethiopia
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.