4 hour Cacao Experience tour. Bean to bar delicious chocolate workshop.
The best tour in the area to see the full process of growing cacao from seed to bean and then to chocolate. We'll plant a tree, walk through a valley with 45 year old trees. You will use a traditional Trapiche, sugar cane press to make freshly squeezed juice, which we turn in to sugar cane honey for our chocolate. We'll toast cacao on a traditional fire, peel and grind the cacao. We'll then give a workshop on how to make delicious chocolate in your home with just a blender.
At the end of the tour we'll all plant a cacao tree, that we hope you'll visit again in the future.
per adult from
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea - Sugar cane juice, cacao and chocolate
- Entry/Admission - Tuqtuquilal
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tuqtuquilal, RD-AV 6, Guatemala
4 hour cacao experience tour
Plant a cacao tree and visit our cacao sanctuary with 45 year old trees
Visit our permaculture demo gardens and get to know the fermentation and drying processes
Get to know our work with the cooperative of farmers of products such as vanilla, turmeric, moringa, chaya, ginger, copal, yucca
Trapiche sugar cane juice extraction and honey making
Experience the complete process of toasting the cacao on a comal, peeling the cacao and grinding it in our bicimolino and finally making the chocolate with the sugar cane honey.
Basic bio-construction informative session.
Duration: 3 hours 20 minutes
Departure Point :RD-AV-6, Guatemala
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.