4-Hour Groote Eylandt Explorer 4WD Tour
Explore and learn more about the past & present history of Groote Eylandt during this 4 hour 4WD tour.
What's included :
- Transport by private vehicle
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Groote Eylandt Sports Fishing, 1 Bougainvillea Drive, Alyangula, Groote Eylandt, Northern Territory 0885 Australia
The third largest island in Australia, Groote Eylandt and its sprawling archipelago encompasses some 40 smaller islands. Its name is Dutch for ‘Large Island’, named by explorer Abel Tasman in 1644. The Warnindilyakwa people are the traditional owners of the Groote Eylandt archipelago region and are referred to by their language name, ‘Anindilyakwa’.
Over the course of 4 hours you will explore Groote Eylandt by 4WD, taking in the past and present history including:
• Historic mission church
• Market garden tour
• CDP office area and indigenous kitchen visit
• Cave Paintings
• Lunch at the top river crossing
• Bush Medijina – Locally handmade soap, lip balms etc from local ingredients
• Visit the Naked pools
• Milner bay port visit
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Groote Eylandt Lodge, Groote Eylandt, Gulf of Carpentaria, 1 Bougainvillea Dr, Alyangula NT 0885, Australia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 4 people per booking
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.