4-Hour Small-Group Skálafellsjökull Glacier Super Jeep Tour
This 4-hour small-group tour will take you beyond the limits of the road F985 and offers breathtaking views of the biggest glacier in Europe, Vatnajökull. Depart from Flatey á Mýrum, which is located in the south-east of Iceland and admire mesmerizing sights while driving up the glacier valley Sultartungnagil. You will reach the peak Brókartíndur, where there will be a stop to take photos as well as appreciate the view. Choose from one of four departure times when you book this exciting yet comfortable tour.
per adult from
210 to 240 minutes
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Meet your guide at either 9, 10.00, 14.00 or 15.00 and depart from Flatey á Mýrum | Gps: 64.258512, -15.584893, which is located between Jökulsárlón and Höfn. The vehicles used for your tour are custom built and are the largest vehicles in Iceland. Every luxury Jeep includes a professional driver, who will manage the mountain roads and a glacier trained guide, who will provide some of the most interesting facts about the area. Sit back and enjoy the undeniably beautiful view that mountain road F985 provides. Glacier valley Sultartungnagil has been the setting for several Hollywood productions such as Batman, Lara Croft, The Secret life of Walter Mitty, and Game of Thrones. Several stops will be made during the tour for explanations from the guide as well as for photo shoots. Continue on through the glacier outlet Skálafellsjökull for a privileged view of Vatnajökul before reaching Brókartíndur. Upon arrival, your tour will stop so that you may fully take in the amazing landscape that the peak provides. This tour is suitable for all ages over 5 years old and for all physical conditions.
Please note: there is no hiking involved during the tour.
Departure Point :Ice Explorers Summer location, Flatey á Mýrum , 781, Höfn, Iceland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Transport is wheelchair accessible; however, be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited, which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Warm and waterproof clothes are recommended depending on the weather. Hiking shoes tend to be useful, but runners are also acceptable
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.