4 Hour Tour to Birqash Camel Market
Unusual 4 Hours tour to Birqash Camel market in Cairo Where you can see unusual sites in Cairo this Tour is available on Friday & Saturday right there you will see the Camel trades and Merchant, where they Buy and Sell Camels in Egypt.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- photography tickets for Camera
At 8:00 am Pickup from your hotel in either Cairo or Giza By Emo Tours guide and transfer you to Egypt's Largest Camel Market - Birqash Camel Market is 35km away from Cairo.
The best day to visit is supposed to be Friday, when the market is most lively in the earlier parts of the morning 7am-9am. The market is open till 1pm but most of the trading happens before 11am.
This market used to earlier take place in Imbaba, but as the city expanded, the camel market was moved to the suburb of Birqash which is at the edge of the Western Desert.
Hundreds of Camels are sold here everyday. But this is definitely not a market for the Animal lover. The animals aren't in pitiable condition, but they could be treated much, much better than they currently are.
Camels from Sudan are brought into Egypt on the 40 day road via Abu Simbel to the market in Daraw. The unsold camels are then loaded into trucks and brought to Birqash after a 24 hour drive.
The traders have wonderfully character faces and I would have loved to be able to take close up portraits and talk to them and listen to their stories. Then Back to your hotel in Cairo
• Birqash Camel Market (Souq al-Gamaal), Barqash, Imbaba, Cairo, Egypt, Cairo 11511 Egypt
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.