4-Hour Venice Walking tour with Skip the line Doge's Palace & St Mark's Basilica
Enjoy this combined guided walking and the best way to see Venice, part of our tour is off the beaten track and away from the main tourist sites giving you a great overview of the city, also included on the tour are two of the most important monuments in Venice, we skip the line into Saint Marks Basilica and the Doges Palace.
per adult from
What's included :
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Professional guide in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Skip the line entrance
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Doge's Palace
- Entry/Admission - Basilica di San Marco
- Entry/Admission - Museo Correr
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Casa di Marco Polo
- Entry/Admission - Teatro Malibran
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Piazza San Marco, 31024 Venice Italy
Starting in Saint Mark’s square, this atmospheric walking tour will then whisk you away from the crowded streets into the treasure filled pockets of the Castello area.
A qualified guide will walk you through the hidden squares, winding canals and historical buildings providing you with a perfect introduction to the origins, symbols, traditions, architecture, and life in current day Venice.
The tour starts with a historical introduction of St. Marks’s Square, and its architectural delights, allowing you to discover the history of the majestic St. Mark’s Basilica, the illustrious Doge’s Palace, once the seat of the power of the Republic of Venice, and the extraordinary, renaissance clock tower.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Campo Santa Maria Formosa, Castello, Venice Italy
Leaving the square, you will be guided into the residential Castello area, allowing you to discover this part of Venice in all of its elegance, through its labyrinth of narrow alleys - “calli”, many bridges, winding canals and wide picturesque squares - “campi”.
You can expect to discover campo Santa Maria Formosa, one of the largest squares in Venice with its church, named after its visitation of the Holy Virgin.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Campo Santi Giovanni e Paolo, Campo Santissimi Giovanni e Paolo, Campo Giovanni e Paolo Santissimi, 30122 Venice Italy
Campo Santi Giovanni and Paolo where you will be able to admire the famous church, the resting place of several Doges; and the equestrian monument of Bartolomeo Colleoni, an Italian mercenary Captain.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Casa di Marco Polo, Calle Scaleta, 30121 Venice Italy
The former residence of Marco Polo in Corte Seconda del Milion, probably the most famous Venetian merchant.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Teatro Malibran, Campiello del Teatro, 5873, 30131 Venice Italy
The Malibran theatre (only external) is also part of the itinerary.
The theatre of San Giovanni Grisostomo was built in only four months at the end of 1677.
It was renovated many times and the renovation of 1919, gave us the theatre, as we know it today.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Doge's Palace, Piazza San Marco, 1, 30124 Venice Italy
Our guide will accompany you to the Doge’s Palace, which dominates Saint Mark's Square, the heart of Venice, standing out for its size and its extraordinary structure, where Byzantine, European and Oriental architecture collide. Immediately entering the Palace you will pass through the great courtyard and admire the wealth of detail on the famous Golden Staircase.
Once inside the Palace, you will visit the halls where the Duke (Doge) and his Council controlled the fate of the Serene Republic, whilst surrounded by hundreds of artistic masterpieces and discover the political history of Venice and its people. You will be able to admire the paintings realised by some of the most important artists of the Italian Renaissance, amongst them, the world's largest oil painting by Tintoretto. Passing through the famous Bridge of Sighs, you will reach the new prisons. The bridge was given its name by the English poet Lord Byron, probably referring to the last breath of the prisoners, who had their last view of the lagoon and of Venice from the window of this bridge, before they were to be imprisoned.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Basilica di San Marco, Piazza San Marco 328, 30124 Venice Italy
During the second part of the tour you will visit the Basilica, once the private chapel of the Doge of Venice, and the only one of its kind in Italy, thanks to the sumptous golden mosaics and impressive marble inlay flooring.
During the tour you will be able to sit down in the church and absorb the atmosphere whilst listening to your guide who will describe the biblical scenes represented throughout the building, together with history and particularities of this ancient Basilica.
The tour includes the visit of the famous Pala d'Oro, an altarpiece made of gold and silver and an exquisite example of Byzantine art with a myriad of gems and precious stones.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Museo Correr, Piazza San Marco San Marco 52, 30124 Venice Italy
At the end of the tour, keep your Doge's Palace ticket to visit on your own: Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana in Saint Mark's square, opposite side of the Saint Mark's Basilica.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Torre dell'Orologio, P.za San Marco, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements;
- Large bags or ruck sacks are NOT allowed on this tour;
- On very few occasions the Basilica may be closed due to high water, the tour will not be cancelled but the explanation of the Basilica will take place form the outside;
- Check-in is 15 minutes before the tour start time;
- From November 1 to March 31, there is no skip-the-line entrance to the Basilica;
- For all late arrivals or no show, NO REFUND.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.