4-Hours Athens Ancient Agora & Aristotle’s Lyceum Private Tour
This tour applies to people who are interested in the Ancient Philosophical school and Aristotle's Lyceum in particular, combining a prominent museum in Athens comprising of a rich collection of artifacts that relate to Byzantine History & Christian Art.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private Tour
- English Speaking Driver(Not authorized to enter into the sites and museums as per the Greek Law)
- Mercedes Luxury Vehicle
- Mineral Water, wet & dry tissues
- Baby seat or booster up on request without extra charge (compulsory to be requested in advance)
- Free Wi-Fi
- All vehicles are thoroughly disinfected after each ride.
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees
- Food & drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entry/Admission - Ancient Agora of Athens
- Entry/Admission - Aristotle's Lyceum
- Entry/Admission - Byzantine and Christian Museum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ancient Agora of Athens, Adrianou 24, Athens 105 55 Greece
In the picturesque district of Monastiraki travelers encounter the second most significant historical site of Athens, the Agora. Once a vivid and bustling marketplace, the Agora was for many centuries the heart of Athens, filled with stores, administrative buildings, public monuments and temples. Associated with the daily life of Athenians and considered the cradle of democracy, this noteworthy site used to be everybody’s favorite part of the city, where eminent politicians, administrators and philosophers mingled with the citizens. Enjoy a guided tour of this wonderful archaeological park and stroll around the ruins of public monuments, the ancient parliament and store stoas that once embellished the area. Find out more about philosophers like Socrates, Athenian politics and the society in the Greek antiquity. Admire the temple of Hephaestus, the best preserved classical temple of Greece, built on a low hill that offers a panoramic view of the entire Agora. Conclude the tour with the local museum’s collection, which features ancient drachma coins, measurement weights, voting ballots and high-quality pottery, among many other interesting exhibits.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Aristotle's Lyceum, Athens Greece
Continue by car towards the precincts of the Byzantine Museum. Discover the ruins of Aristotle’s Lyceum, the philosophical school of one of Greece’s most famous ancient philosopher, Aristotle. Nestled in a small, beautiful park with fragrant plants, where two rivers used to flow by, Aristotle’s Peripatetic School was considered one of the three major gymnasia in ancient Athens. Walk around its ruins to explore the parts where Athenian men exercised, bathed and prepared themselves for training. Find out about Aristotle’s life and teaching and his contribution to the world philosophical reflection.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Byzantine and Christian Museum, Leof. Vasilissis Sofias 22, Athens 10675 Greece
Complete the tour with a visit of the nearby Byzantine Museum, a prominent museum in Athens. Once the villa of a famous duchess, this remarkable museum includes a rich collection of artifacts that relate to the Byzantine history of Athens, such as the impressive mosaic floor and sculpture reliefs of an old church. Admire early Christian art, jewelry, an Emperor’s hand-written edict, Byzantine golden and silver coins and an outstanding collection of high-quality, hand-painted Byzantine icons.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
For hotels/apartments: The driver will meet you in the lobby of the hotel or outside the apartment.For cruise terminals: The driver will meet you at the arrival's hall inside the cruise terminal, after the passport control and the luggage claim area, holding a label with the name under which the reservation is made.The itinerary’s sequence is subject to change according to the opening-closing hours of the venues and depending on the tourist season.Ports
- Piraeus port, Pireas 185 38, Greece
- Cruise Passenger Terminal B (Themistocles), Pireas 185 38, Greece
- Cruise Terminal A Gate 11, Akti Miaouli, Pireas 185 38, Greece
- Cruise Ship Terminal C, Pireas 185 38, Greece
- Pireaus Cruise Ship Terminal "B", Pireas 185 38, Greece
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 11/1/2020 - 3/31/2021
4/1/2021 - 10/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 01:00 PM
11/1/2021 - 3/31/2022
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 01:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 01:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.