4-hr Macao Walking Tour of Local Green Market Plantation from Punta Cana
Local Green Market is located in the community of El Caño, Uvero Alto Road, Macao. The plantation is ½ an hour from most hotels in the area. It presents 500 square meters of different plants, especially coffee and cocoa, besides Tobacco, pineapple, sugarcane , papaya, plantains, Corn and others. The walk starts with a visit to the typical house, with the guide explain how they live, a walk through the areas and how they prepare their meals in a firewood stove. This is a shared tour (not private).
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Following hotel pickup, you'll relax during a 30-minute drive to ChoCafe plantation is located in the community of El Caño, Uvero Alto Road, Macao. The plantation is one half-hour from most hotels in the area. It has plantations featuring different plants, especially coffee and cocoa, besides tobacco, pineapple, sugarcane , papaya, plantains, Corn and others. The walk starts with a visit to a typical farmhouse.
After this visit, you'll continue with a walk along a path inside the plantation, which by its nature, sunlight can barely penetrate. Stop at coffee spot where your guide will explain the whole roasting process and will offer tasting. Continue along the path of the plantation and reach to the stop of the manufacture of MamaJuana. Here the Guide explains which plants are used in the manufacture and the whole process for the preparation of Mama Juana.
Continue through the trail in the plantation and stop at the Coconut Oil preparation spot. Your guide explains the process of extraction and preparation. At this stop, you will have free time to use bathrooms, see a “Comején” honeycomb (it is an insect that eats farm houses and other wood buildings). Continue your walk until you reach at the sugarcane, one of the most important production of the Dominican Republic economy. Your guide will explain the importance of this plant and the products that derive from it. Tasting included.
Your guide will explain about the vanilla plant and a little of its history and attributes.
Arriving near the end of the entire route of ChoCafe Plantation, you'll learn about the process and preparation of tobacco, leaf types, and flavors. You will follow a trail between papayas, corn, bananas, sugar cane, and other plants and will stop at the History of Chocolate Museum. Your guide reveals the history of cocoa from its origins until today and will explain the cacao bean process and it nutritional and healing qualities, derivatives such as tea, chocolate, chocolate bars and others, tasting included.
You will end your Local Green Market plantation tour at our grocery store where we offer different organic products at very affordable prices. Here you will have the opportunity to taste Mama Juana, pineapple wine, and chocolate. Your plantation tour ends with soft drinks, water, etc, sitting in the yard enjoying fresh air and the view of our garden with butterflies and fruits.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up at most hotels, residential areas and meeting points
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Casual summer attire recommended
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.